fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Is it true there are no more calculations in the PMP exams

Is it true there are no more calculations in the PMP exams 2 months 1 week ago #31166

• K S
  • K S's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Please assist with the subject. I got the information from someone that recently passed.

Is it true there are no more calculations in the PMP exams 2 months 1 week ago #31167

• Dominic Hickey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
It's impossible to say that someone taking the PMP today will not encounter any questions requiring calculations. But in my case, sitting it in January 2023, I didn't need the calculator for any questions, and I was able to do any required (basic) arithmetic in my head. And I was very surprised by how few questions required knowing formulas or performing complex calculations. Still, this doesn't mean that there aren't questions in the exam pool that involve calculations. More importantly, to be a fully capable Project Manager, isn't it worth being familiar with and being able to work with calculations when they come up? If I needed to prepare for the PMP exam now, I wouldn't alter my preparation, which did involve quite a bit of learning of formulas.
Dominic Hickey, PMP

Is it true there are no more calculations in the PMP exams 2 months 1 week ago #31168

• Elena Zelenevskaia
  • Thank you received: 2
I passed my PMP exam in November 2023. I had just 2 calculation questions, and TBH I used the built-in calculator just to check myself. The calculations were quite simple.
But still there's a chance you'll have that type of questions.
Elena Zelenevskaia, PMP
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rochelle Martinez
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login