fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMBOK Guide to use?

PMBOK Guide to use? 2 months 4 weeks ago #31148

• Donna Hernandez
  • Donna Hernandez's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am watching the videos in PrepCast and in 2022 it encouraged you to read both the 6th and 7th edition books. Is that still the case today (January 2024, will be sitting the exam in April or May)? I'm having difficulty finding a copy of the 6th edition book. I have the 7th edition, as well as the agile product guide, Rita Mulcahy's Exam Prep book and the EOC. In addition to the prepcast lectures, I also have the exams through Prepcast just haven't started that yet.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Donna
Last edit: by Donna Hernandez.

PMBOK Guide to use? 2 months 3 weeks ago #31152

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Donna,

I would suggest that you stick to the 7th edition. The reason being is that the 6th edition, although still important, is no longer a focus for the PMP exam. I understand that prior to the change to the 7th edition, the ITTOs would form majority of the exam, but after PMI made changes in 2021 to the exam and the PMBOK got updated to the 7th edition, the 6th edition is no longer relevant. The concepts are very much still used and as a PM it is important that you know them, but if we are strictly speaking about the PMP exam, the 7th edition is the way to go. All that said, please keep in mind that the exam is not a test of the PMBOK, so you still need to expand your studies and touch on some other reference materials. I encourage you to read some of the latest lessons learned that are posted in this forum. Hope this helps, and all the best in your studies.

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login