fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP application guidance suggestions on drafting experience stories

PMP application guidance suggestions on drafting experience stories 3 months 3 days ago #31140

• william casey
  • william casey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello again,

Most of my experience with projects is waterfall based. I suppose some could be considered hybrid. Although, agile doesn’t asscoite with my project focus with my teams(s) and role.

As I write my experience stories for my PMP application , will PMI have any issues with most ( all) stories described and selected from pull down in a waterfall context?

Also, in addition to the 35 hr. prep cast content. Could you please provide some direction and guidance suggestions on drafting experience stories for the pmp application?

Thanks,
Bill

PMP application guidance suggestions on drafting experience stories 3 months 3 days ago #31141

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Bill,

From PMI's perspective, Project Management is Project Management, regardless of the style. Any type of project is acceptable, but you have to write the application to indicate that you were clearly the Project Manager for the project. Half-hearted attempts and weasel-worded applications will be rejected pretty quickly. There are countless numbers of examples of how to write the application so that it's accepted here on the boards and online.

Now, from the TEST perspective, understand the exam has a lot of agile concepts on it. See the Exam Content Outline on PMI's website to get a idea of what's there. (The Exam Content Outline also has the references used for the exam).

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: william casey

PMP application guidance suggestions on drafting experience stories 3 months 3 days ago #31142

• william casey
  • william casey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Harry,

Very helpful. Understood..

Best,
Bill
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login