fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Advice Needed - Frustrated with Quiz

Advice Needed - Frustrated with Quiz 3 months 1 week ago #31112

• James Dietrich
  • James Dietrich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
HI all. I have been prepping following the PMP Study Coach plan. I am in to week 6 and just took the first quiz on the People domain. I thought I was prepared, but at least 18 of my 20 questions were about Agile/Scrum topics. Should I not bother taking quizzes until I have covered Agile/Scrum in the prep topics? I don't want to waste time. Any advice appreciated. Thank you.

Advice Needed - Frustrated with Quiz 3 months 1 week ago #31127

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Good morning, James, and sorry for the delay,

The PMP exam has substantially evolved since when I took it in 2019. I have heard that it is very Agile/iterative focused now as opposed to traditional "waterfall" project management. The PrepCast Exam Simulator has also evolved to line up with the test. With that, you should probably get very familiar with Agile style project management more quickly than I did.

I used the simulator not as test of how well or poorly I did, but to identify weak areas of knowledge and understanding before I sat for my exam.

Hope that helps!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Advice Needed - Frustrated with Quiz 3 months 6 days ago #31134

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi James,

You definitely want to become really familiar with agile concepts before doing question simulations. I don’t think it’s the worst idea to do one or two short quizzes to have a feel for question styles, but beyond that I would hold off on doing exams or further questions until you have gone through the agile prep work. Hope this helps. All the best studying for your exam!
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login