fbpx

Reply: WISDOM NEEDED! 12 hours to decide to push my exam? SH vs PM PrepCast issues

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : WISDOM NEEDED! 12 hours to decide to push my exam? SH vs PM PrepCast issues

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 months 3 weeks ago #31020

Dominic Hickey

Ah, that's excellent news, EM07! Well done. You must feel very satisfied and relieved.
Make the most of it. And if there are things that you found particularly useful (or not!) in getting you to this point, your insight and feedback will always be useful to others on this Forum.
5 months 3 weeks ago #31019

EM07

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note that say that I was successful in passing the PMP exam. Very blessed and grateful to have accomplished this milestone. Thank you for all of this support.

Best of luck to those still on the PMP journey.
6 months 3 days ago #31004

EM07

Dominic,

I think your response was very useful. I have 2 full days and a few hours the day of my test. I have cleared my weekend schedule as much as possible so really hoping to get that confidence back that I had pre-SH.

The sleep and nutrition is a great call out - I will do my best. LOL
6 months 3 days ago #31003

Daniel Soerensen

The benefit of going through a full exam is that it builds your stamina for the final exam, but if you went through all 2200 questions, then that's probably way more than what you need to feel ready. Follow your intuition.
6 months 3 days ago #31002

EM07

Hi Daniel! Thanks for the follow up. I have not done an entire exam, but I have completed all 2200 of the questions. I have completed 180 in one night - I would just do smaller chunks so that I could learn as I went. I learn more effectively in smaller chunks.
6 months 3 days ago #31001

Daniel Soerensen

EM07,

Have you taken any of the PM Prepcast Exam Simulators? You mentioned taking quizzes, but I'd strongly encourage you to go through full length exams from PM Prepcast. If you've done them, and you're scoring in your 70s then you should be ready. The PMI Study Hall is a nice bonus to familiarize yourself with the vagueness, but I would not use the score from the SH to assess whether I'm ready or not for the PMP exam. From experience, I can tell you I did very poorly in the SH exam simulator (around 64%), but since I did well in the Prepcast Exam Simulators, I felt confident going into the exam. Since you mentioned you fear failure, I will say that you probably will never feel like you are ready to take the exam. I would say go for it, you don't need to be perfect. Wish you all the best, you can do this!

Regards,

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login