fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: In which Process Group are procurement documents closed?

In which Process Group are procurement documents closed? 6 months 1 week ago #30922

• Steve Warren
  • Steve Warren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I've come across conflicting information on when procurement documents should be closed. PrepCast indicates that procurement documents should close during the MC Process Group. However, other sources on the web and other practice PMP eexams state that procurement documents should be closed as part of the Closing Process Group.

I've also found that the Process Flow diagram for the PMBOK 6th edition indicate that procurement documents should be closed during the MC Process and this is what I believe.

Can someone weigh in on this for me and provide the correct process?

Thanks,

Steve

In which Process Group are procurement documents closed? 6 months 1 week ago #30923

• Steve Warren
  • Steve Warren's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Also, I just found what appears to be conflicting information in the Process Practice Guide page 198 in the Closing Process Group. There it states that activities related to the completion of contractual agreements include finalizing open claims. Shouldn't that be done in the MC Process Group?

Please let me know what you think.

Steve

In which Process Group are procurement documents closed? 5 months 3 weeks ago #30964

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Steve,

I believe it depends on the context. This article from PMI might help you understand the various activities that happen during the Project Closing phase and it includes administrative closing of procurements. Please read through this link: www.pmi.org/learning/library/importance-...g-process-group-9949

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAHESH KEREGADDE
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login