fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP Study Guide and Practice Questions

PMP Study Guide and Practice Questions 7 months 3 weeks ago #30810

• saba asif
  • saba asif's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I have a couple clarifying questions and am still new to understanding what I need to study for in order to pass the exam. Appreciate any response for my questions.

First, does anyone know if they have used Andrew Ramdayal's study guide "PMP Exam Prep Simplified" book? I followed it for over two months, reading and practicing chapter to chapter and I see the questions in Prepcast simulator to be very different! Is that because Prepcast simulator questions are more based off of the latest PMI guidelines (3 domains of people, process, and business environment)?

Second, can someone please explain in simpler words what they mean by exam coming from People 42%, Process 50%, and Business Environment 8%? I see the list of tasks and enablers and domain but need to understand what they mean by that?

Third, when I practice the quizzes, I have been practicing the random selection which is comprised of knowledge areas and the domains (people, process and business environment). Should I just be focused on the domain for the exam, is that what they mean in the PMI outline that the knowledge areas are not going to be on the exam? I have got all the 49 process memorized by heart, so wanted to see I am interpreting their outline correctly.

Lastly, if anyone has done the PMI practice exam on the PMI wesbite for $99? Is that worth buying and practicing? Would their PMI practice exam prepare me for the PMP exam in addition to the Prepcast simulator, Andrew Ramdayal's Study Guide book I mentioned above? (I have also practiced the Simulator by Andrew Ramdayal)

Thank you so much for reading.

Regards,
Saba

PMP Study Guide and Practice Questions 7 months 2 weeks ago #30824

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Saba

I'll take a stab at a few of your questions:

1. I'm 3 cycles into my PMP and I did not use the Ramadayl material. I used the PMBOK, Exam Simulator and "Head First PMP" back in 2019. My daughter just passed her PMP exam using the same strategy and did well on the exam. Note that the 49-processes of PMBOK 6 and before are NOT called out specifically in the new exam content. Use the current Exam Content Guide as your guide in preparing for the exam.

2. People, Processes and Business Environment are the current Domains for the PMP exam. This is a break from PMBOK 6 which had 5 Domains. The percentage (e.g. People 42%, etc.) are the relative weightings for each area. That is, approximately 42% of the questions will come from the "People" Domain, although I found it somewhat difficult to determine what questions come from which domain.

3. I found it more helpful on the Exam Simulator to focus on questions in my weaker areas. But everyone's learning style is different.

4. I found the Exam Simulator to be almost identical to the real exam in terms of wording and difficulty and I know that Prepcast has spent a lot of time, talent and treasure to keep their product quality as high as possible. Speaking for myself only, I would NOT lay down an additional $100 for PMI practice exam.

I hope that helps some.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

PMP Study Guide and Practice Questions 7 months 2 weeks ago #30828

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Saba,

I ended up using PMI's practice exam. Since my work covered all costs for getting my PMP including courses and study materials, I ended up purchasing that exam just to see what it was like. Just be aware that even though they promote it as a simulation, it does not mimic the exam condition. What I mean by that is that the exam is not time based, it is not structured as the real exam, it does not mimic the two breaks, etc. After each question it already gives you the answer and the explanation for it. You would use this more to experience different types of questions from other exam simulators, with a different feel. I still found it valuable as I ended up covering a wide range of question types, from very very vague to less vague. I only used it once, but my main preparation was the PM PrepCast Exam Simulator as this was time based and really simulated the exam environment. This built my stamina to sit down for the final exam and pass with overall AT. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

PMP Study Guide and Practice Questions 7 months 1 week ago #30857

• ED
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi, how do I get to the PM PrepCast Simulator?
Is it the same as the TESTPREP from Skillsoft or CyberVista? Trying to figure out if I should get an additional exam practice source.
Thank you!

PMP Study Guide and Practice Questions 7 months 1 week ago #30858

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
ED,

The PrepCast Simulator is a separate product from the two that you have mentioned and you can find it here: www.pm-exam-simulator.com/ - it comes in 3 versions: Essential ($99), Advanced ($119), and Deluxe ($149), where each version simply offers more available exams and sample questions.

The bestseller is the Deluxe, which you can order here: store.project-management-prepcast.com/ex...uctId=PMP-SIM-PR9007
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

[email protected] 7 months 1 week ago #30861

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I will look into it.
Thank you.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login