fbpx

Reply: ISM meaning

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : ISM meaning

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 1 month ago #1325

Cornelius Fichtner

yes... ISM has no meaning it is a just word-ending like:
- tour-ISM
- alcohol-ISM
- colloquiali-ISM
- militar-ISM
- etc.
14 years 1 month ago #1324

Daniel Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez

Daniel Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez's Avatar

Thank you ver much for your prompt reply.

As i understood, each letter doesn't mean anything on specific. I: ? , S: ? , M: ?

Best Regards.
14 years 1 month ago #1323

Cornelius Fichtner

Daniel,

A PMI-ISM is a word, definition or term that is specific the language of PMI and the PMI world. Often, these words are first created by PMI to describe a specific project management "thing" and then slowly they move into our everyday language on projects.

Here are some PMI-ISMs that I can think of:
- PMP
- Knowledge Area
- Process Groups
- Competing project constraints
- PMBOK Guide

These are all words that originated within PMI to describe some area of how PMI defines project management and they have become part of our PM language.

I believe that the word "PMI-ISM" itself was created by Rita Mulcahy to describe this multitude of words and terms that come out of PMI.
14 years 1 month ago #1322

Daniel Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez

Daniel Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez's Avatar

Dear PrepCast Colleagues,

I've bought the PrepCast yesterday. I'm currently watching at the E01.04 episode were Corneluis talks about PM-ism. Does any one can tell me the meaning of this acronym?.

I'm not english mother language and I did not find a related definition in the Internet.

Thanks in advance.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login