fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: PMP application

PMP application 9 months 1 week ago #30694

• Lukasz Pawelec
  • Lukasz Pawelec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,

Does anyone know if project experience to be included in pmp application should account only for closed projects?

Or as the latest project - alternatively I could describe the project which is still in execution stage

Lukasz

PMP application 9 months 1 week ago #30695

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Lukasz:

I believe on-gong projects can contribute to the 36 month requirement. It would be best, however, to make sure you have MORE than 36 months of project management leadership (in the last 8 years) so that there is no question about it.

Best,

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

[email protected] 9 months 5 days ago #30707

• Anonymous
  • Anonymous's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Harry,

The number of months should not be a problem, I would have certainly more than 36 months, however, the last project now lasts for 24 months and is still in execution, that is why I was not sure whether it still classifies

[email protected] 9 months 4 days ago #30710

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Then my advice is "Go for it." - The worse that can happen is that PMI says "no."

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

PMP application 9 months 3 days ago #30712

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Lukasz,

The Exam Content Outline only mentions that experience must include leading and directing projects, it does not mention a requirement for projects to be closed. When I applied, I included some projects still ongoing for my experience. The important thing for your application and what counts towards the experience is that you are leading the project, so make sure you use key words taken from the ECO when describing your experience as PMI will be looking for those key words. Other than that, good luck with your application!

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login