fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Readiness for the PMP exam

Readiness for the PMP exam 9 months 4 weeks ago #30667

• Lukasz Pawelec
  • Lukasz Pawelec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All,

I saw general recommendations to be at the level of 80% to have relatively high change of passing of PMP exam.

I tried 3 test exams with following scores: 76%, 76% and 77% and reached already the level when it is relatively more difficult to learn each new%

is there maybe any other member who tried exam with following results? Please comment. I am thinking to make a try.

Readiness for the PMP exam 9 months 3 weeks ago #30668

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Lukasz,

I can only speak to your question from a personal perspective. I was consistently hitting 76-78% on consecutive simulator exams and finally got sick of studying. So, I took the exam and passed 5xAT (when there were 5 domains)

With that in mind, the "general advice" from the mods here is 80% SHOULD give you a good shot at passing. There are no guarantees, of course and your mileage may vary.

Good luck!

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP

Readiness for the PMP exam 9 months 3 weeks ago #30671

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Lukasz,

If you are referring to the PrepCast Exam Simulator, I have tried all exams and my highest score was 78% with an average of around 75% for all 4 exams. Based on your scores I would say you're probably ready for the real exam. For you to get the scores that you got, it shows that you understand the concepts and that you probably studied enough using other resources. Let me know if I'm on the right track, but I would never recommend the exam simulator as your only study resource. I would also review the PMBOK guide 7th Ed, the Agile Practice Guide, and of course the PrepCast. Hope you have used some of these.

All the best!

P.S. You have a duplicate post, so I deleted the other one.
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

Readiness for the PMP exam 9 months 3 weeks ago #30675

• Lukasz Pawelec
  • Lukasz Pawelec's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you Harry and Daniel, that helps,

Naturally I was going beyond the exam simulator, I read PMBOK 6 &7 and the agile practice guide.

Now I am trying to arrange the best date for the exam, and before that I would still reserve a bit time for the last knowledge refresh
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login