fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: People Domain Timed Quizzes - Guidance on "Who" and "When" (i.e. Next Steps)

People Domain Timed Quizzes - Guidance on "Who" and "When" (i.e. Next Steps) 11 months 1 week ago #30553

• Quinn ORourke
  • Quinn ORourke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone. I am using the PM Study Coach and just completed week 6. I took multiple timed quizzes on the People Domain and kept running into 2 similar themes:

1. Next Step: Experiencing difficulty on knowing what is the next step. Ex. "After completing your project's planning, you have selected the team members and determined their roles and responsibilities. What should you do next? The answer is "Document the information in the project team directory."

2) Who: Understanding who is responsible for a specific decision, activity, etc. in a certain situation is something I would like to improve upon.

Based on these 2 themes, if anyone has any guidance on high-level outlines that map out next steps and the responsibility of the product owner, the project manager, the business analyst, etc. then that would be very helpful.

Thank you!

People Domain Timed Quizzes - Guidance on "Who" and "When" (i.e. Next Steps) 11 months 1 week ago #30554

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Quinn,

Initially, I had a lot of problems with the "Next Step" and "Who" type questions because my (personal) answers didn't always line up with the PMBOK answers. PMBOK 6 wasn't all that clear about it either so there was no single place to turn to figure it out I found another study guide somewhat helpful (Head First PMP), but even that wasn't totally satisfying. So, I essentially brute-forced it with the exam simulator by repeatedly reviewing missed questions and spending a lot of time in domains that were heavy on the "Who" and "Next Step" type questions. That's not a great answer, I know, but it worked for me.

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quinn ORourke, Vivian Calender

People Domain Timed Quizzes - Guidance on "Who" and "When" (i.e. Next Steps) 11 months 6 days ago #30556

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Quinn,

For the next steps questions it is important to understand how PMI sees the flow of work when working on a project. For this you can refer to the process groups, knowledge areas and processes to understand the inputs and outputs of each activity. For example, to produce a project schedule you would need to estimate durations for each activity before setting beginning and end dates. Even within each process there are specific steps that PMI sees as best practices. Although ITTOs seem to be a thing of the past in today's PMP exam, they are not completely obsolete, so I would still learn the general idea behind the processes.

For the who questions, you will need to understand clearly the role of each person in a project. This can only be learned by studying the most common roles in a project and what people are accountable and responsible for. Practice, practice, practice. The best way to get familiar and truly grasp the steps and roles in projects, especially if you're on a time crunch to study for your exam is by continuing to do practice questions and simulation exams. I wish you all the best in your studies and I am sure that you will do great!

Regards,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vivian Calender

People Domain Timed Quizzes - Guidance on "Who" and "When" (i.e. Next Steps) 11 months 6 days ago #30560

• Quinn ORourke
  • Quinn ORourke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
This is very helpful. Thanks Daniel!

Quinn
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login