fbpx

Reply: Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Online Pearson VUE Revoked My PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
9 months 3 weeks ago #30552

Harry Elston

Dear Anon - and everyone else reading this thread

There is at least one additional active "PearsonVue Revoked my PMP Exam" thread or something very similar. There are some very real lessons to be learned from other people's pain. And yes, it's painful and frustrating to go through this process more than once.

The biggest lesson that anyone taking the PMP (or any other certification exam through PearsonVue) is - DO NOT TAKE THE EXAM ONLINE OR AT HOME. The "at home" or "on line" versions are very mercurial and are extremely subjective to the individual proctoring the exam. While all the proctors undoubtedly have the same rules regarding the exam, it's only human nature how those rules will be applied on a case-by-case basis. Yes, there have been more successes than failures with the online version, but why would you risk it? One slip up, one dog barking at the wrong time and you're sunk. Just don't do it.

The other large lesson that is to be learned is that if you choose to ignore the first lesson above and PearsonVue fails you - you need to contact PMI quickly and tell them about it. They're not the quickest to respond, but start the conversation right away. There's nothing the PrepCast forums can do for you except to provide you a place to vent your frustrations.

Good luck!

Harry
9 months 3 weeks ago #30551

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience when taking your PMP exam with Pearson Vue. Having your exam revoked is frustrating and upsetting. However, the best way to avoid any incident next time is to take your PMP exam in person. If online is your only option, make sure you read the PMI page with valuable information on what to expect during the exam and how to pass your PMP exam online successfully (check out this link www.pmitoronto.ca/blog/pmp-exam-online ). For example, one rule is not to speak or mumble during the exam, and the other is not to move away from the camera unless it is time to take your break. Always ensure to communicate with your proctor before doing anything. Another thing to remember is that even after you pass your exam and get the congratulatory message, remain seated until you hear from your proctor confirming the completion of your PMP exam.

I hope these were helpful feedback and suggestions. Do not despair; you can do this. You are closer to the finish line to earn your PMP Certification. Best of luck!
10 months 1 week ago #30534

Anonymous

's Avatar

Exactly the same experience here. Different certificate, common denominator PearsonVUE. I'm very frustrated & still in shock.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login