fbpx

Reply: Prep Cast to PMBOK Linkage/Association

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Prep Cast to PMBOK Linkage/Association

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 1 month ago #30300

Daniel Soerensen

Hi Megan,

Please remember that the PMP Exam is not a test of the PMBOK Guide. Instead, the PM PrepCast follows the latest Exam Content Outline which is what you will be tested on. The PMBOK Guide is only one of many reference books. Hope this helps you clarify.

Regards,
1 year 1 month ago #30286

Dwight Fraencis Dy

HI Megan,

I was trying to do this as well. However, It's a bit challenging.
Prep cast does not simply regurgitate. If you notice the lectures added more content topics than the book. Once you started watching the exam content outline you would notice some of the discussions will be in the
book by then, that's where I noticed it's all over the place. I emailed them and their respond is just follow the process with their PM study guide.

I also noticed that you would learn along the wait even if the topic is planned to be discussed at the later part of the course. Even in practice quiz questions. I am getting agile question in the random 20 questions even if the course have not discussed much about Agile. I am getting some paralysis but just keep moving.
1 year 1 month ago #30285

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Hi Megan,

I recently learned last year that PMI now offers PMP prep exams if you are a member. I believe the Prep Cast exam simulator explains all PMP Exam Prep questions and provides references to the PMBOK (with a specific page #) to help you further understand why the question is correct or wrong. There are various PMP Exam Prep apps and resources on the internet with similar features to help you pass your PMP exam. I hope this was helpful.

Best of luck!
1 year 1 month ago #30284

Megan Rose Lee

Hello everyone,

I am currently in the process of studying for the PMP exam, but I am trying to follow the Prep Cast while also reading along in the PMBOK.

Is there a file or document somewhere that links the module video to a specific location in the PMBOK (sixth or seventh edition)?

Thank you in advance!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login