fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Break Time

Break Time 1 year 2 months ago #30192

• BHAVNA SINGH
  • BHAVNA SINGH's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Can i use the break tim to answer questions? l mean if i do not take break and utilize extra 20 minutes(2 times 10 min break) to answer questions?

Break Time 1 year 2 months ago #30194

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
I don't believe you can, but I think you can stop your break early.
I'm sure someone who has taken the exam recently will come along and share their experience.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Break Time 1 year 2 months ago #30197

• Dominic Hickey
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 15
Elizabeth is right on both counts.
The exam is designed so that everyone who has signed up has 230 minutes to take the 180 questions. The official breaks are available between questions 60 and 61, and again between 120 and 121. When you choose to activate these breaks, you are logged out of the exam question section.
You can shorten the breaks, but you gain no time for answering the questions -- you simply finish the exam earlier.

Source: I did my PMP exam ten days ago.
See my recent long message about timing during the exam: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...30-to-250-mins#30179
Dominic Hickey, PMP

Break Time 1 year 2 months ago #30206

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Hello Bhavna,
Dominic is correct. I also took my exam just over a month ago, and you do not get added time by choosing not to take the breaks. The 230 minute timer will pause as soon as you decide to take the break and it will resume when you come back or after 10 minutes (even if you don't return on time). If you choose not to take the break, the timer will simply keep running. If you are doing the PM Exam Simulator, you are given over 250 minutes to complete the exam, and I can see why there may be some confusion here, but in reality the added time from the Simulator is meant for you to take the 10 minute breaks after questions 60 and 120. If you choose not to take the breaks in the simulator, keep in mind you need to complete the exam with just over 20 minutes remaining to simulate the 230 minutes allotted in the real PMP exam. Hope this helps, and good luck with your studies. I highly recommend that you read the PMP Exam Lessons Learned forum, it contains a wealth of information.
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login