fbpx

Reply: Roadmap Prep for PMP 2023

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Roadmap Prep for PMP 2023

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 2 months ago #30240

Dwight Fraencis Dy

Hi Elizabeth,

I appreciate you still responded to my inquire. I think I am just getting paranoid and having paralysis but you're right I should just trust the the training schedule. I was hoping that I could fast track the 12 weeks to 6 weeks but I noticed that due to my work I even had to sometimes skip a day and had to make it up on the following days. However, I was not able to to catch up on the beyond tasks. My employers are not the kind of company to believes in training and development, its a small/medium size company and could not leave in the meantime. I am on Week 5 and should be starting week 6 on Monday. When I have a some free time - try to enumerate like Performance Domain, Agile manifesto (keywords) and ECO - People - keywords (recently covered on week 5) . I made flash cards for performance domains but I noticed I am struggling to remember what I learned from planning to uncertainty Performance domain. Currently I am at the library. Starting to do Performance Domain cheat sheets, writing down keywords and enumerating them. I wish have someone to study with. It's quite odd that for over 1-2 years I struggle to find a study mate within LA county or someone who is in the same time zone. 2 months ago, I found some people who are in the same time zone but there no one taking the initiative to do a conference call besides me. Anyway, I think I am venting too much. My apologies. I Feel free to provide advice and if I am doing something wrong. I hope you had a great weekend once you read this response.
1 year 2 months ago #30212

Elizabeth Harrin

Hello Dwight, sorry for not seeing this to reply to before now.
You'll find that the PrepCast material covers everything you need to know about the Knowledge Areas, so don't worry about that. How is your studying going?
1 year 4 months ago #30074

Dwight Fraencis Dy

I have procured PM Prepcast Course + PM Prepcast Simulator just last month.

Other materials I have:

Last Year, I purchased RITA Tenth Edition - My review had to stop because of workload and unfavorable situation
- PMBOK 6
- PMBOK 7
- Agile Practice Guide

I started the PM Prepcast Course - I like it since it is align to the PMP ECO
- while also reading PMBOK 7 and Agile Practice Guide

However, I know that I need to also learn/study materials in PMBOK 6 .
My concern is that when should I study the "Hows" of PMP - 10 PM Knowledge Areas
Should I do it either the same time, before or after PM PrepCast Training?

Appreciate if someone would a recommendation on who to be efficient with my studied.

Thank you

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login