fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: how to use of 10 min break during PMP exam

how to use of 10 min break during PMP exam 1 year 8 months ago #29751

• Sevinc
  • Sevinc 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone, my exam date is approaching and I would like to understand how do we use the 10 min break given after Q60 and Q120.
In my head process is as such: You go through 60 questions and review again marked questions and when you ready you submit and then get a 10 min break and this now disables you to see the first 60 questions later during the exam. Same process goes on for the second 60 questions. So my question here, what if i want to just continue without a break? How do I do that? Then what happens to this 10 min break, do you gain extra time or is it lost anyways? Also how would you evaluate the timing for real exam? I am usually done with still extra 40 min, is it really similar to prepcast experience?
If someone went through the real exam can enlighten us, i would feel more ready for the exam.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tu Nguyen

how to use of 10 min break during PMP exam 1 year 7 months ago #29755

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
These are great questions! Sorry I can't personally help but I'm sure someone will be along to share their experiences soon.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

how to use of 10 min break during PMP exam 1 year 7 months ago #29758

• Stephanie Bjerrum
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I took my exam on August 17th. After the first 60 questions I could choose to take a break or proceed. You do not get additional time if you proceed. I was confused what to do after my first 60 questions and my exam monitors told mme the time would run, so I went on break and when I came back and tried to go further I then was met with take a break or not.... so basically my first break was using my exam time- I still completed it with 15 minutes to go.
And correct, after you choose to move on you cannot go back and review the last questions - at least that is how it was for me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sevinc , Tu Nguyen, Ryan Post
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenAlexander AnikinElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login