fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How to Use Standard Plus on PMI.org

How to Use Standard Plus on PMI.org 1 year 7 months ago #29749

• Ashley Dufreny
  • Ashley Dufreny's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

My name is Ashley and I purchased the Elite prep course for the PMP exam. I just finished Lesson L00.20 and I need some assistance with the Take Action portion requested at the end. I am a PMI member so I was able to download the PMBOK guides for free. The Take Action also advised that I check out standardplus.pmi.org. I did and there is A LOT of information there. I understand how to navigate it but how do I inculcate this into my studies and preparation.

Sorry if I am asking a redundant question, but I want to make sure I am doing my best. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Ashley Dufreny

How to Use Standard Plus on PMI.org 1 year 7 months ago #29753

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Hi Ashley,

While PMI's idea to develop Standards+ is good, the implementation (and user guidance) is lacking. It's just a "big pot of stuff" in which we all have to "muddle about". So until PMI makes some serious changes in the available filters there really isn't a satisfying answer that I can give you.

So... Your best approach is simply to use it as a reference. If you come across something that you want more detail on, then look it up and review the information. We also include it in many of our simulator questions as a reference. So use it to look up information in case you get an answer wrong.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashley Dufreny
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login