fbpx

Reply: Made-up terms

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Made-up terms

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 7 months ago #29760

Roberto Giberti

Hi Stephanie, thank you so much for your feedback, very helpful!
Also it's interesting to know you scored AT while you were BT with the exam simulator. I also find this simulator quite challenging, however better this than the opposite way, I guess :-)
Thank you again and congratulations!!
1 year 7 months ago #29759

Stephanie Bjerrum

i took the PMP exam 2 weeks ago and definitely seen made up terms on there, just use process of elimination. I found the exam easier than what I studied for, maybe I was just overly hyped about it being so hard. In the end I scored above target in all areas when on the practice exams I was barely at Target for process group
1 year 7 months ago #29748

Harry Elston

Roberto,

I have taken three professional exams in my career. Two of them were highly technical and scientific. I found the PMP exam to be most challenging as, at the outset, I was unfamiliar with much of the project management language. Once I learned the language it became much easier to study.

Good luck!

Harry
1 year 7 months ago #29747

Roberto Giberti

Not the answer that I wanted :-) but thank you a lot, Harry, very helpful to know
1 year 7 months ago #29746

Harry Elston

Roberto,

When I took my PMP exam in 2019, there were several questions that had "made up terms" in them that sounded very much like terms used in project management. Every question has what is known as "plausible detractors" - answers that are close to the correct answer but should be recognizable as a wrong answer to a well-prepared PMP candidate. The key is to know and understand the right terms so that when made up terms are used as plausible detractors they are easily recognizable.

Best,

Harry
1 year 7 months ago #29744

Roberto Giberti

Anybody?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login