fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Passed on 1st attempt all AT

Passed on 1st attempt all AT 1 year 7 months ago #29712

• Stephanie Bjerrum
  • Stephanie Bjerrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi all

Today I passed the PMP on my first attempt with Above Target in all three areas.

I must say this program really helped but also I found a YouTube tutorial on Agile really really helpful. It is a bit long but worth it.
I watched a bit every day and especially before all my practice and real exam to get my mind set to agile thinking.

Not sure if the url works i pasted but you can find it by googling 200 Agile questions PMP
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...LALY0D2tRydhHPq_7VaL

Good luck to all of you in the future and remember to take your time reading the question and use deduction reasoning to select your answer!!

Passed on 1st attempt all AT 1 year 7 months ago #29718

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
Stephanie,

Congrats on passing your exam and becoming a PMP! The link you posted will surely help others pass as well. If you have time, please post your lessons learned, how you studied, etc. as this is valuable information for future test-takers. Best wishes in your future endeavors!
Brad Pennington, PMP
PrepCast Community Moderator

Passed on 1st attempt all AT 1 year 7 months ago #29723

• Stephanie Bjerrum
  • Stephanie Bjerrum's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I ensured to re-read all 3 books again.
I memorized the knowledge areas and wrote them almost daily until drilled into my head. I used a phone number to memorize them.
766-436-3734 so when I wrote them each time I could remember how many items came into each area, which equals to
Integration - 7
Scope - 6
Schedule -6
Cost -4
Quality - 3
Resource - 6
Communication - 3
Risks - 7
Procurement - 3
Stakeholders - 4
Once I memorized all of these I could work on the ITTOs of each.

I also struggled a lot to understand and remember the entire workings (which was input and output of what) of the Work Performance Data, Work Performance Information and Work Performance Reports. So I sat down went through all the areas and categorized them. I soon realized:
Work Performance Data comes from Direct & Manage Project work
This Work Performance Data then goes into most of the Monitor & Control Processes where it is transformed as an output as an outputs as Work Performance Information
Which then goes into Monitor & Control Project work and output as a Report..
It took me forever to get this through my head... so writing things down drills it in.

Understanding how the various items interact is key
Test, test and test again - go through everything you get wrong
If you answer a question and are unsure mark it and review it to understand if you got it right and why.
Take the exam once you are consistently testing at or above 70 in each area. I aimed to test above 80 but never achieved that and somehow tested Above Target in all areas on the actual exam. If I waited to achieve 80 on my mock exams I would still be studying :)

For the formulas I made flash cards to study them, again writing things down just seals it into my memory.

Also at the actual exam - use the cross out feature to eliminate any answers you are sure is wrong - this helps you to visually see what options you have left and then use deductive reasoning to choose your final answer.
Take your time to understand the scenario - is it an agile question or predictive? For me it sometimes took a moment to realize as it is not always clear so you have to think about it.
4 hours was enough time for me - I finished 20 minutes early.
For each question if you are not sure of the answer right away just mark the question and come back to it later before your break.

Know your Agile and remember it is all about empowering teams and removing impediments!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login