fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Hide timer in exam

Hide timer in exam 1 year 8 months ago #29687

• Sebastian Sorg
  • Sebastian Sorg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Is it possible to hide the timer in the exam screen? The timer and the time going down is putting much pressure and is irritating me.

Hide timer in exam 1 year 8 months ago #29688

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi Sebastian, I do not recall an option to hide the timer. I can understand how it might be a little daunting having it on the screen, but I found that once I got into a rhythm with the questions I only looked at it every 10 questions or so to make sure I was on track. Managing your time is an important aspect of the exam, in your practice runs if you're spending less than a minute on questions you shouldn't have any issues.

Kyle
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator

Hide timer in exam 1 year 8 months ago #29689

• Sebastian Sorg
  • Sebastian Sorg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your reply. I am confident to be able to manage it. When I just do 10 or 20 questions, times running down very fast (just a feeling). When the number of questions is higher, it is gonna be easier I think.

Hide timer in exam 1 year 8 months ago #29704

• Jason Schinis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Not sure if you are referring to the timer in the real exam or in the exam simulator. I do not know about the simulator, but I just took the real exam yesterday and was able to hide the timer by just clicking on it. I discovered this by accident and would not really recommend it, but it is possible to do if it helps you. I say I wouldn't recommend it though because I was completing simulator exams during my preparation with 20-40 minutes to spare. However, in the real exam yesterday, I ended up finishing the last question with about 30 seconds to spare. This was just my personal experience though. It is possible to hide the timer if that fits your style and needs.

Hide timer in exam 1 year 7 months ago #29798

• Marjorie Leyland
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a similar question about the timer as I find it distracting when doing the practice exams. Is there a better way to focus your attention, for example looking at the number of questions you have answered. I am finding the first 60 questions seem to go by very slowly and I feel like it takes a very long time. The second set of questions doesn't seem as bad and the third set of questions I find the easiest to manage. I seem to have about 5 minutes left at the end of the exam. Is it the number of questions that feels so heavy at the beginning of the exam when you look at the number of questions to be answered? I wish the clock counted up to the time instead of down.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login