fbpx

Reply: PMP exam passing tips - 2nd attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam passing tips - 2nd attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 4 months ago #29932

Satish Sonawane

Thank you Brad!

Sure. I would like to share my study habits and lessons learned.

After 1st failed attempt, I took some more time ( Almost 5 months )to prepare for 2nd attempt. I went through all weak areas ( Low & Medium Scored areas ) and studied them well.

I prepared day wise schedule for the no. of pages to be studied from PBBOK-6th Ed. & Rita's PMP preparation-10th Ed. I read PBBOK-7th Ed. once. After covering each knowledge areas from PMBOK and Rita's, I use to choose 100 trial questions from PM Prepcast and use to analyze the wrong answers. I kept reserved last 3 to 4 weeks before my exam day for re-attempting PM PrepCast Exams. This time I tried to go through both, right ( The questions I thought I may have chosen wrong answers ) & wrong answered questions in more details.
I also watched few videos from YouTube, David McLachlan - 200 Agile questions and Complete PBBOK in one video (7th Ed.)

Lessons Learned : In my first attempt, I focused too much on ITTO and could not manage time to answer 180 questions in practice exams. I came across one video on YouTube wherein PMP trainer advised his students for Time Management & I followed the same logic/tip for Practice Exam and during actual exam as well. He suggested to try to complete 20 questions in 25 min. I use to back calculate the time required and write on piece of paper to constantly remind on time remained vs questions to complete . I wrote the same logic/tip during actual exam also to remind on timing. I also use to write daily before start of study as many as formulas as possible.
However, there was no formula question during my actual exam.

My suggestions for PMP aspirants:
1. Read PMBOK 6th Edition in details. Do not give too much emphasize on or try to memorize the ITTO.
2. Read through PMBOK-7th Edition
3. Rita Mulcahy is a great source for PMP preparation. Read at least 2 times thoroughly.
4. Do simulation practice. PM PrepCast is a very good source for this. What I like the most about it a detailed explanation about each question and analysis of right and wrong answers.
5. Try to answer 20 questions in 25 min. and DO NO stuck in one question for more than 90 seconds

I'm thankful to PM PrepCast Team for building such a nice platform/module to guide PMP aspirants.

All the best to all PMP aspirants!!
1 year 4 months ago #29931

Satish Sonawane

Thank you Jean!
1 year 4 months ago #29925

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Congratulations on your outstanding achievement, and you should take the time to celebrate!

Welcome to the PMP community, and best of luck in your next career endeavor as a Certified PM.
1 year 4 months ago #29924

Brad Pennington, PMP

Satish,

Congrats on passing your exam and welcome to the PMP community! Please consider sharing your study habits and exam lessons learned with PM PrepCast. Best wishes in your future endeavors!
1 year 4 months ago #29923

Satish Sonawane

Hello,

With the valuable suggestions from this forum, I have cleared the exam in 2nd attempt. This time, I could obtain AT in all 3 domains.

Thank you all for your guidance!!.
1 year 7 months ago #29726

Stephanie Bjerrum

This video was excellent for me to prepare for the Agile parts, I passed first try all AT - this video was key for me
www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...LALY0D2tRydhHPq_7VaL

Look for key words to determine if it is an agile or predictive question.
Use the mark out tool to eliminate answers - if you cannot determine rather quickly flag it and move on - then go back to them before your break. The mark out tool helped me to eliminate answers then when I came back to them I spent less time because I had already eliminated one or two possible answers.

I am sure you will nail it the second time around!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login