fbpx

Reply: what simulator score is an indication that you are ready to take the PMP exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : what simulator score is an indication that you are ready to take the PMP exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 7 months ago #29730

Brad Pennington, PMP

Raymond,

Congrats on passing your exam and welcome to the PMP community! Please be sure to post your lessons learned!
1 year 7 months ago #29729

Rayman Adlgostar

Thanks for your response although I read your message just after I took the exam today. I agree with you that scoring 80 and above in simulation exam might not be a good indication of being ready for real test. I also scored 3 AT's which could never get during muck exams. I think maybe I was more focused but the test itself was not easier than mock tests in my opinion
1 year 7 months ago #29728

Stephanie Bjerrum

Hi
I also only scored between 70-75 on the simulator. I took my test August 17, 2022 and passed with everything Above Target.
My instructor also told us once we consistently pass mock exams above 70 we should go to the exam.

As I am an overachiever and getting to the exam location was a hassle I wanted to ensure to pass first go so i tried to get above 80 in the mock exams but never was successful.
If I waited to mock exam above 80 i would probably still be studying.

I found the real exam to be a bit easier than the simulator - I am not sure if it was because the real exam had a mark out tool.

For studying the Agile question this very long video prepared me perfectly for Agile www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&...LALY0D2tRydhHPq_7VaL
I really believe this video saved my exam in combination with the simulator
1 year 7 months ago #29642

Harry Elston

Rayman,

A general thumbrule around the boards has been if you're consistently scoring above 80% on the simulator tests and quizzes, you're doing pretty good. Please bear in mind that good scores on the simulator do not guarantee that you will pass the PMI exam.

Best,

Harry
1 year 7 months ago #29641

Rayman Adlgostar

Hi all,

You have also probably wondered at some point whether you are ready to take the exam or not. Using this simulator I am consistently scoring between 70 to 75 percent and I feel like it is a bit risky to take the exam as my results are in the margin. But I also found that I usually get the tricky questions wrong and the real exam could be slightly easier than this simulator.
this is my results so far:
exam 1: 77.2 (some questions was repeated)
exam 2: 72.8
quizzes: 72 (60 batches and 30 batches)

Would be great to see how was your experience when seeing real exam questions in comparison to simulator.

All the best

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login