fbpx

Reply: Taking the exam from home

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Taking the exam from home

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 8 months ago #29589

Liu Tang

Thank you, Jean and Kyle!!
1 year 8 months ago #29587

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

Hi Liu, Jean gave you an excellent, thorough reply. The only thing I'll add is it would be beneficial to have an ethernet connection and not rely on Wi-Fi. The smallest disruption to your connection can have an impact.

Kyle
1 year 8 months ago #29586

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Hi Liu,

I took the PMP Exam from home and had a nice experience. Make sure that you have a good stable internet connection.

Answers to your questions:

1. Does OnVue provide a calculator (online)? How about scratch paper (online)?

Answer: Yes, you will have access to virtual calculator and white board. I will recommend arriving to your exam early and take short tutorial video. I found it to be very helpful.

2. Does the Proctor tell you it's time to take the 10 min break, or do you need keep track of it yourself, say right after questions 60, 120?

Answer: No, the proctor will not tell you to take your three 10 mins breaks. You have to manage your own breaks. However, you will prompt to take your 10 min breaks after completing 60 questions.

3. Is the timer a clock with real time or a timer counting down?

Answer: Yes, there is a virtual timer counting down to zero. You will have to frequently check on it, but don't stress too much about it as long as you don't spend more than 1.2777 min (230 mins /180 qst) or 1.3 min per question. The PMP exam it is a marathon and you need to start with a good pace.

I wish you the best of luck! :)
1 year 8 months ago #29585

Liu Tang

Hi everyone-
I'm planning to take the PMP exam from home in a few weeks. I have a few questions and am just wondering if anyone has taken the exam from home and can answer them. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Does OnVue provide a calculator (online)? How about scratch paper (online)?
Does the Proctor tell you it's time to take the 10 min break, or do you need keep track of it yourself, say right after questions 60, 120?
Is the timer a clock with real time or a timer counting down?

Thanks!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login