fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: How to learn for PMP with PMBok Version 7 and what to learn from Version 6

How to learn for PMP with PMBok Version 7 and what to learn from Version 6 1 year 9 months ago #29486

• Schadi Mouhandes
  • Schadi Mouhandes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all,
i want to start learning for the PMP exam, but i am REALLY confused.
There is a PmBok Version 7 and a Version 6.
PrepCast is showing both courses.
PMBok Version 7 is SO different from Version 6, which let me ask this question:
Is Version 7 an extension of Version 6 or can i ignore Version 6 completley and just read and learn from PMBok Version 7?

How to learn the best with Prepcast with this different Versions? just watch both courses? If yes, it increases the learning time a lot + its a bit unfair to people studied for the PMP 2 years ago, without Version 7. :/

How to go for it?
Thank you & KR

How to learn for PMP with PMBok Version 7 and what to learn from Version 6 1 year 7 months ago #29654

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Hi Schadi
Sorry for the late reply. You will need to read both, they are complementary, although v7 is much shorter so it provides a much more high level overview.

There's also a forum posting about the books here that might help provide some more context: www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...and-pmp-exam-in-2022
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login