fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP exam yesterday - my recommendations!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP exam yesterday - my recommendations!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 9 months ago #29488

Stan Po - Admin

Anne-Laure,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 9 months ago #29484

Anne-Laure Combot

Hi all.

I passed my PMP exam yesterday and I thought I’d share here my study plan if it can help more students.

I started preparing for the exam about 4 months ago, after getting the premium prep cast subscription. Like many of you, I have a full-time job so I really appreciated having a weekly study plan, as I was studying every day after studying after work - for maybe 2 hours. I tried to stick to a strict plan: 2-3 days of watching videos and making notes, 1-2 days of making flashcards based on the notes and a few hours during the weekend tu read the associated chapters in the PMBOK 6th ed book. I started studying at the end of February thanks to the « old » Prep Cast training. By the end of April I was done with the official training so I moved on to the Practice tests. I did one each weekend, and spent a few days (2-3 days) reviewing all (correct + incorrect)questions and answers. At the same time I read the the PMBOK 7th edition. The practice tests were SO helpful in improving my knowledge and learning how to manage the time. I was taking 2 breaks (after questions 60 and 120).

The PMI ECO was also a VERY precious tool. I’ve read it at least 15 times and highlighted keys words. When a key word was in a question (or an answer!), it guided my response. Last week (so a few days before the exam), I spent more time learning about the different diagrams/tools/activities and techniques used for Agile. I also read this forum to get tips about the Online protocol (thanks to those who’ve shared their experience here). I was really worried about having the exam revoked, so knowing what to expect was good to defuse the stress. The exam itself was harder than the practice tests. I found it more situational, the intent behind questions was sometimes harder to spot. Having said that I’m sure that it was also the stress of taking it. I tried to stick to the rule of 80/80/70 minutes for the 3 parts. That was really helpful. When doing the practice test I was usually done 20 minutes before the end but yesterday I finished 4 minutes before the end. Managing time was quite stressful so it was good to keep an eye on the clock.

Having a good knowledge of the PMBOK 6th Edition was very helpful. I found it « easy » to understand all the concepts presented in the PMBOK 7th edition guide because they were much more detailed in the 6th edition. At the end I would say that the exam definitely requires a good understanding of all approaches: predictive, adaptive and hybrid… The PMBOK 7th edition guide is slim but it contains a lot of information.

Anyway, this is a long post but I thought I’d share my experience while studying and passing the exam. It was definitely a journey but I’m glad I chose Prep cast.

Best of luck to future candidates!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login