fbpx

Reply: Intermediate Results ... Any solutions?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Intermediate Results ... Any solutions?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 11 months ago #29407

Sharon S

's Avatar

When you do practice exams, don't look to see if you selected the right answer. Instead answer the question based on concept. And then explain to yourself in your own words why the other answers are wrong. Don't memorize answers. Understand conseotually what is right and what is wrong
1 year 11 months ago #29406

Harry Elston

Dear Mohammad:

The Prepcast has shown best success on the PMI exam when exam simulator scores are 75% and better. With scores in the 50-60% range, the likelihood of passing is low. That's not the news you want to hear, but historically it's pretty accurate.

I strongly recommend that you concentrate on your weak areas and supplement your study with quizzes, especially in those weaker areas. Right now, you're in the "cram for exam" mode and that usually does not work well, especially on standardized exams that test integrated knowledge, application and understanding of core concepts, rather than just facts.

With only 3 days to go, there is little that you can do to substantially improve your scores. If it were me, this is what I would do:
1. Continue to read/study lightly for the next day or day and half. The day before the exam, get some rest.
2. Take the exam anyway. You may get lucky (a pass is a pass, right?). And even if you fail, you will learn a lot of how PMI asks questions and the format of the actual exam, including the stress that comes with it, which will make you better prepared for the next time.
3. Recognize that "failing" the PMP exam is not the end of the world. There is always the "next time."

Good luck!

Harry
1 year 11 months ago #29405

Mohammad AlKour

Dear Team,

I've been effectively practicing Prepcast tests for the past three weeks; at first, my results were around 50% to 55%, but after getting used to it and improving my gaps, I'm now between 55% and 65%, and I can't exceed that limit; I'm not sure why I can't. Will I be able to pass the PMP exam? What else can I do to improve my performance? any recommendations? My exam is in three days, and I'm worried that I won't pass.

Thank you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login