fbpx

Reply: Help understanding Close Project?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Help understanding Close Project?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 days ago #29316

Susan

's Avatar

I'm confused by the Close Project phase. I read the PMBOK, and it mentions a bunch of things you should confirm. But it's not clear the order of operations. And quite a number of the things you're confirming, if I understand correctly, should've been done in other processes. Yet I've run into several questions here and elsewhere that say things like "you've done X, Y, and Z of closing. What do you do next?" But I don't feel clear on the order or even what's included.

For example, in closing, it says to "finalize open claims". But in Control Procurements, one of the outputs is "closed procurements." In the description, it says "there should be no outstanding claims or invoices." So if a question is getting at when you finalize claims, or what do you do next in closing, I don't know what the answer is. Because it should've already been done, but some of the questions I'm running conflict with that.

Similarly, in closing: " confirming the delivery and formal acceptance of deliverables by the customer." But didn't we get formal acceptance of deliverables in Validate Scope? In fact, accepted deliverables are an input to Closing, so how are we confirming formal acceptance in Closing Project?

I'm having a hard time determining the right answer for questions about closing, formal acceptance, claims, etc. because it seems like it's finished BEFORE closing, but I see questions that indicate it's done during the Close Project process.

Can anyone help this make sense to me? Thank you!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login