fbpx

Reply: Passed My PMP Exam (on my Birthday!)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed My PMP Exam (on my Birthday!)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 11 months ago #29323

Joel Surtida

Hi Mohammad,

Yes. I also practiced (not everything though) answering Rita Mulcahy's PMP questions, and I wasn't doing as well as far as getting a passing score. What it did though, was it helped me understand and analyze how to answer the questions according to the PMI structure. Those questions were actually 'harder' I would say in my opinion, and PrepCast was even one notch harder as compared to the actual PMI actual test questions. But don't let that put your guard down so to speak. Keep practicing the PrepCast exams as much as you can and I'm definitely sure you WILL pass your PM exams like I did (with all three Above Targets!!!).

Joel
1 year 11 months ago #29319

Mohammad AlKour

Joel,

Congratulations! Way to go!

Your message has been boosted my hope of getting PMP certified because I am facing the same issue that my results in Prepcast are between 55% to 65%, I thought that I am losing it and will not be able to proceed with the exam.

I have a question, have you ever practiced by Ria's Exam Practice Book? In that book, I used to have results of more than 65% and I felt that a big difference between Prepcast & Rita's book.
1 year 11 months ago #29311

Brad Pennington, PMP

Joel,

Congrats on passing your exam (and Happy Birthday!) and welcome to the PMP community! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned and encouragement for the use of future exam takers. Best wishes in your future endeavors!
1 year 11 months ago #29310

Stan Po - Admin

Joel,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 11 months ago #29309

Joel Surtida

Hi All,

I'm very happy to say I PASSED my PMP exam yesterday (on my Birthday/best gift to myself ever!) with AT in all 3 domains! PM Prepcast REALLY helped me in my journey to become a certified PM as the questions here were a lot "tougher" than the actual PMI exam questions. I took a total of 1,147 questions from PM Prepcast and took all 4 (5 if I count taking PM Exam 1 twice) Prepcast Exams 1-4 in a span of 14 days. My scores on the Prepcast Exam were 50%, 61%, 61%, and 60%. I was really getting frustrated as I could NOT even pass one exam simulator. Even Cornelius told me (in my previous thread) that I'm not ready to take the exams! Imagine the pressure that was put on me! Though it seemed that I might be in dire straights as my exam day was getting closer, I kept on reviewing the answers where I got the questions wrong. That really, more than anything else, sharpened my PM mind to make sure and think as a PM on the day I took my exam. The questions on the actual test were not as 'lengthy' as the PM PrepCast and for me, the PMI actual questions were "easier" to answer. During the test, I knew I got a lot of questions answered correctly, but I didn't want that too feel over-confident about it but rather remain focused on finishing the test and answering the questions to the best of my knowledge. There were no 'complicated' calculations on the actual exam. There were two, I would say, where I had to calculate the SPI and CPI. Two (or three) drag and drop questions and no hot spot questions at all. A lot of Agile and Hybrid questions. I would say about 60 to 75 percent and most of the questions are situational.

Again, many thanks to PM PrepCast for helping me in my journey to become a certified PM. I can now, with all confidence, put those three important letters right next to my name!!! My advice to all PMP aspirants, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! I always kept saying this to myself in all of the things that I do to keep me motivated "If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything!!!" (George McFly from Back to the Future)

Thank you, Cornelius, and the whole PrepCast Team!!!!

Cheers!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login