fbpx

Reply: PMBOK Guide 7th edition

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMBOK Guide 7th edition

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 10 months ago #29420

Brian Bustos

Thanks for sharing. I'm doing fairly well with the simulator. I'm excited to take the exam.
1 year 10 months ago #29419

Brian Nesbitt

Passed on April 20th with 3 domains Above Target.

The exam simulator in my opinion was the best study tool.
1 year 10 months ago #29413

Howard Cheng

's Avatar

I read both 6 & 7. PMBOK 7 covers the concepts in PMBOK 6 plus additional Agile concepts such as Kanban and a few other new concepts such as value and managing changes.

I don’t think PMBOK 7 is really that scary. There is an advantage if you read both PMBOK 6 and 7.
1 year 10 months ago #29412

Brian Bustos

Thanks for the information. I'm 2 weeks out. How did your exam go and did the simulator help?
1 year 11 months ago #29278

Stan Po - Admin

Hello Brian,

The short answer is: NO, no one (except for PMI) knows how many questions on the PMP exam will use the PMBOK® Guide 7th Edition as a reference. PMI likely knows that but won't disclose this information. All they say is:

"The exam is based on the PMP certification exam content outline (ECO), not the (PMBOK® Guide) or other reference books. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – 7th Edition will now be a reference to inform the development of the exam items. However, before any validated exam item is added to the exam, there is a very rigorous and thorough review and field test cycle. This process takes multiple months."

You can find the above statement on the PMI website:
www.pmi.org/certifications/project-manag...n/pmp-reference-list

To emphasize the PMI's statement: the PMP exam is NOT a test of the PMBOK Guide (either 6th, 7th, or any other edition). The exam is based on the Examination Content Outline (ECO). The PMBOK Guide is used as one of the reference books to support the questions. It is definitely a very important reference, but it's just one of many and is not the main source for question development.

You may find our approach to question development in this thread:
www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...nd-our-pmp-simulator

You may also find the following videos helpful:
www.youtube.com/c/CorneliusFichtnerPrepCast/playlists

I hope this addresses your concern.
1 year 11 months ago #29277

Brian Nesbitt

When reviewing your quiz grading, material from PMBOK 7th edition is listed at the bottom of each question.

My understanding of the present PMP certification exam is that some content from PMBOK 7th edition has been incorporated. I was directed to always confirm exam requirements by reviewing the ECO periodically.

I write the exam in less than a week. Having studied for the past 6 months using primarily PMBOK 6th edition - I have a self imposed pass date of May 31st to avoid any chance of significant ECO changes.

When you feel ready, my recommendation would be - take the exam sooner than later to avoid potential ECO changes.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login