fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Lacking Confidence - 1 Month Left ‘til Exam Day - Encouragement/Support Needed

Lacking Confidence - 1 Month Left ‘til Exam Day - Encouragement/Support Needed 1 year 11 months ago #29271

• Tamika Lattisaw
  • Tamika Lattisaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good Afternoon My Fellow PMPer’s,

I have one month left until I sit for my exam. I don’t know if its anxiety or just the looming deadline but i almost feel lost. I’ve been studying almost daily (lost a little time due to death in the family) since mid-January. Sounds like a lot of time but I’m a slow reader and struggled on the Schedule and Cost section of the training. Stayed longer in those sections. I haven’t been in “study” mode since I got my masters in ‘04.
I guess I just need a few words of encouragement from my fellow students and certified PMP’s . Also, some suggestions on how to spend my remaining month.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Lacking Confidence - 1 Month Left ‘til Exam Day - Encouragement/Support Needed 1 year 11 months ago #29273

• Brian Nesbitt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
If you have not purchased the Exam Simulator, I would strongly recommend doing so. Simply reading/writing material for the ECO list will not be sufficient in my opinion, especially with the way you are progressing.

I take the PMP next week. Completing the entire quiz bank (+1600 questions) and 3 full-length exams, I am feeling very confident with my preparation and will be extremely surprised if I am not successful next week. I will be taking the 4th and final mock up exam this weekend.

With a 1 month timeframe for you, I would:

1) Purchase Exam Simulator
2) Work through the quizzes (review answers incorrect/correct)
3) After completing all quiz questions - continue but edit the question filter to 'questions answered incorrectly'
4) Highly recommend taking the full-length mock up exams that are included (all 4 of them)
5) If you are scoring low on the mock up exams prior to testing - can always reschedule your exam date, there is nothing wrong with that
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamika Lattisaw

Lacking Confidence - 1 Month Left ‘til Exam Day - Encouragement/Support Needed 1 year 11 months ago #29274

• Kyle Kilbride, PMP
  • Thank you received: 49
I agree with Brian's suggestion. I found the exam simulator to be the most efficient way to spend my time in the days leading up to the exam. I'll add one thing though: take a break. You say you've been studying almost daily, especially given your personal circumstances that must have been quite a challenge. I took about 5 days off when I was coming up on a month before my exam. Taking a break might help you reset and be able to come back refreshed for your last period of study.

Good luck,

Kyle
Regards,
Kyle Kilbride, P.Eng, PMP
PMPrepCast Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tamika Lattisaw

Lacking Confidence - 1 Month Left ‘til Exam Day - Encouragement/Support Needed 1 year 11 months ago #29286

• Tamika Lattisaw
  • Tamika Lattisaw's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
“Thank you’s” to you both. I’ve exercising your suggestions and I can honestly say they helped a great deal.
I’ve been taking the quizzes, reviewing, and I plan to take a mock exam tomorrow.
I’m looking forward to taking to see how I’m really understanding the content.
I’ll keep you posted!!!

Lacking Confidence - 1 Month Left ‘til Exam Day - Encouragement/Support Needed 1 year 11 months ago #29292

• Brad Pennington, PMP
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Tamika,

Totally normal to be nervous a month out. I had the same feelings as I got close to taking my PMP exam. Keep doing what you’re doing. I found it useful to narrow my focus from full-length mock exams to quizzes which zeroed in on my problem areas. One thing not to do: don’t bother with PMI’s “practice exam.” It is much harder than the actual test, the questions are formatted differently, and it will do nothing for you except bust your confidence. As other boarders have mentioned, as you near your exam date, take time for a break. Taper your study time, focus on big picture stuff, and get your head right for the real thing. Even though I had the same nerves that you do, I m finished my exam with 45 minutes to spare and scored 5x AT. Seems like you’ve prepared accordingly, so don’t give up! You can do it, push through to the end and bag that PMP! Best of luck to you!
Brad Pennington, PMP
PrepCast Community Moderator

Lacking Confidence - 1 Month Left ‘til Exam Day - Encouragement/Support Needed 1 year 11 months ago #29320

• Mohammad AlKour
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Greetings, Tamika

I really understand your predicament; I'm in a similar circumstance.

Prepcast is the best tool to use to begin practicing because it provides all of the explanations for the questions as well as the answers, allowing you to see where your weak and strong points are. Gradually, you will have a better understanding of how the questions will be answered and the technique that will be utilized to answer them. Remember one thing: "what's the worst that might happen?" Relax and remember who you are, and that you are capable of accomplishing anything. It's just a matter of time and work, as well as knowing how to use your abilities.

Good Luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login