fbpx

Reply: 10 min breaks at home and getting off camera

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 10 min breaks at home and getting off camera

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 11 months ago #29261

Kyle Kilbride, PMP

DBP,

See the link below from Pearson Vue's website:

home.pearsonvue.com/Clients/PMI/OnVUE-online-proctored.aspx

My experience was that during your break you are permitted to leave the testing area but must return before the break time is up.

Kyle
1 year 11 months ago #29259

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Hi Derlaine Brito,

As per Person Vue PMP exam rules in meeting the strict requirement of PMI rules, you are allowed two 10 mins breaks (excluded from the exam total allocated time). You can get up, stretch, go to the washroom, and even eat a snack during these breaks. However, if you are not back seated in front of your camera when the timer is up, the timer for the next part of the exam will start, which will count toward your total exam time. I will recommend keeping watch on the break timer.

You can learn more about Pearson Vue online proctored testing for PMI-PMP certifications www.pmi.org/certifications/certification...ne-proctored-testing and www.pmi.org/about/press-media/press-rele...p-certification-exam .

I hope this was helpful.

Thanks.
1 year 11 months ago #29258

DBP

Hello everyone,

I have been reading a lot of conflicting comments regarding what you can and cannot do during your 2x10min breaks when taking the PMP exam at home.
Is there any official PMI or Pearson VUE documentation stating whether or not the candidate can get off camera and walk around, go to the washroom, etc. during the break?
It seems that this 'rule' changes based on what the examiner thinks.

I took the PMI-ACP last year and the examiner said I would be getting a break when clearly this was not the case for the PMI-ACP in 2021. Not being able to go to the washroom took a lot of my concentration away during the ACP test (fortunately I passed even with this issue) and I want to make sure that I will be able to get up and use the washroom during the PMP 10. min breaks

Thanks!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login