fbpx

Reply: When should I sign up for PMP exam?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : When should I sign up for PMP exam?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 1 week ago #29193

Cornelius Fichtner

The PM PrepCast Training Course qualifies for the 35 hours and certificate. Please look at Module 90 in the course how to get your certificate.
2 years 2 weeks ago #29186

Jin Hyung Kim

Thank you for the quick response, Cornelius.
Do I have to go through a 35 hours of PM training? I was under the impression that as long as I complete this course (Modules) I will be receiving a 35 hour certificate. Is that sufficient?
2 years 2 weeks ago #29185

Cornelius Fichtner

Hello Jin,

I have TWO recommendations for you:

1. When to fill in the PMP Exam Application
I recommend that you fill in the exam application as soon as you meet all the requirements. At the minimum, you need 35 hours of PM training and 36 months of experience as a PM. Please read the PMP Exam Content Outline (pages 11 and 12) for the details.

2. When to register for the actual exam
Once you filled in the application and paid PMI, then you can register for the actual exam. My recommendation: Use the PrepCast Exam Simulator and if you answer at least 75% of questions correctly (on average) then you can register. This is no guarantee, but many people say that this is a very good marker. When you register for the exam, you can select the date and time, so you know exactly when your exam will take place.
2 years 2 weeks ago #29184

Jin Hyung Kim

I just started today, and I am wondering when I should be signing up for the PMP test.
Do I know more throughout the middle of the course that I'm ready to take it?
When I sign for a PMP test does it give me an exact date when I can take it?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login