fbpx

Reply: Looking for Advice

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Looking for Advice

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 weeks ago #29164

Harry Elston

Here's my "Lessons Learned" from taking the PMP Exam in 2019. (Note - references are now outdated, but the method works just the same):

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...t-multiple-resources

Good luck!

Harry
2 years 3 weeks ago #29161

Brad Pennington, PMP

Hi, see the below link for my detailed lessons learned from a little over a year ago. I know the exam has changed a bit, but study habits should be roughly the same.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...-first-attempt-5x-at

To sum it up:
1. Run through the PMBOK guide at least once, both 6th and 7th editions.

2. Go through an exam study guide cover-to-cover. I used Andy Crowe’s study guide, which was great, but I know Rita Mulcahy’s book gets a lot of recommendations as well. IMPORTANT: The PMBOK Guide DOES NOT take the place of a study guide. The former is just that, a guide to the body of knowledge; it does not help at all with test-taking techniques, question format, etc.

3. Exam simulator, exam simulator, exam simulator…Exam Simulator!!! The PM PrepCast simulator is fantastic, unbelievably similar to the actual exam format, and 100% worth the money. There are others out there, but use PM PrepCast! (Note: I’m not being paid by PrepCast to say this).

4. Some do a PMP boot camp; I didn’t.

5. Don’t bother with the PMI practice exam. It’s harder than the actual, and will only give your confidence a hit.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!
2 years 3 weeks ago #29157

Cornelius Fichtner

Oh! Since you live in The OC, why don't you check out what PMI Orange County has to offer? I am a past president of the chapter and I would be surprised if they didn't still do regular PMP exam prep classes.

pmi-oc.org/

And if not, then my PM PrepCast (pm-prepcast.com/pmp) will get you to the finish line.
2 years 3 weeks ago #29156

Looking for advice/suggestions PMP

's Avatar

I am interested in getting certified for PMP, but not sure where to get started. I found some online classes, but was wondering for those who took the class or already pass the exam. Can you please share your experience where you took the class. How you prepare for the exam and etc...I live in Irvine, California. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login