fbpx

Reply: PMP One-on-One Tutor

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP One-on-One Tutor

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 months 2 weeks ago #31070

Cornelius Fichtner

I recommend Dan Ryan without hesitation.

www.pmexamcoach.com/
3 months 2 weeks ago #31069

Val

's Avatar

Can you recommend a person/service for one-on-one tutoring for the PMP exam?
1 year 11 months ago #29250

Cecil Jackson

Hi Sherri,

I am not aware of what guideline exist for syncing up, I am currently not available for the next- two weeks. My exam is scheduled on 04/12 and plan to keep this date, I am 90% ready for the PMP when comparing my PMP preparation to preparation for other CERTS.

PMI-DASM - 12/14/2021 - not helpful for PMP
PMI-DASSM - 02/02/2022 - not helpful for PMP
PMI-ACP - 11/19/2021, helpful for PMP. focused on learning and applying the knowledge areas, did not do many questions, and did not complete/attempt any Mock Exams. However, it would have helped to complete more questions including Mock Exams. I did manage to pass on 1st attempt with a pretty good score.
PMI- (Micro) Agile Hybrid Project Pro - 02/2022, found this to be a good course/test.
CSM (Certified Scrum Master) - 09/2021 - helpful for PMI-ACP

To date Completed
1750 Questions
Mock Exams 1-3, completed in less than 3 hours, disappointed in my scores, (73, 70, 74),
04/05 Tuesday plan to take Mock # 4
Below are some of the sources that I have been referencing. Many of these resources, came from reading the lesson learned posted on this site.

200 Agile Questions

PMBOK® Guide 6th Ed Processes Explained with Ricardo Vargas!

lovepmp.com/docs/area/home
project-management.info/
niftypm.com/blog/project-charts/#
www.proprofsproject.com/blog/charts-diag...-project-management/

I started preparing for the PMI-PMP during the last week of December 2021 only after my application was approved. It has been a challenge to increase my quiz/exams scores
to average above 75% of the 1st attempt. Then around 03/15, I changed my approach versus taking so many questions, I decided to dedicate more time understanding each of the 10 knowledge areas. Started referencing the PMBOK 6 and pulling information from the resources below.

PMI - offers free course called "Project Management for Beginners" that outlines each of the 10 Knowledge areas. The videos are roughly 10 minutes long/for each knowledge area, its basic but help me to clarify and break down each knowledge area which I found helpful in breaking down questions/answers.

In past two weeks my scores have increased in all of the 10 knowledge areas, hopefully I can maintain pace and continue to improve over the 10 days!
1 year 11 months ago #29240

Sherri

's Avatar

I'm look for a one on one PMP tutor, as I'm looking to take the exam in the next few weeks.
Are you available?
2 years 1 month ago #29109

Cecil Jackson

I did not follow-up, however this would be something that i would be interested in, i know your material works, i passed the PMI-ACP after 6 weeks of studying last year. however, for the PMP, I have a need to complete is less time.
2 years 1 month ago #29104

Cornelius Fichtner

Cecil,

PMP one-on-one tutoring can make sense, in particular if the person seeking the tutoring falls into one (or more) of these:
- having a hard time getting the concepts "straight" in their head
- might be a non-native English speaker
- has failed the exam previously
- has lots of experience outside of the PMI world and needs support in getting from their way of doing it to PMI's way
- needs a 'task-master' who holds them responsible during the exam prep

What is the name of the tutor? I may know him/her.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login