fbpx

Reply: PMBOK 7th edition and PMP exam in 2022

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMBOK 7th edition and PMP exam in 2022

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 9 months ago #29494

Jean Kwanda

's Avatar

Hi Greeta,

I will add that you should refer to both PMBOK 6th and PMBOK 7th. PMBOK 7th is the latest release by PMI, and I will recommend spending some time reviewing it. You can also check the PMP exam content outline by PMI to help you prepare for the PMP exam. It is all about studying smart with the right resources to prepare and pass the PMP exam. Best of luck!
1 year 9 months ago #29489

Harry Elston

Aayushi,

The PMBOK Guide is a copyrighted work and sharing the entire edition is a copyright violation. You may purchase it from PMI. I believe if you're a PMI member, you can get a digital copy for free.

Harry
1 year 9 months ago #29485

AAYUSHI AGRAWAL

's Avatar

Hi Geeta,

Can you please share the digital copies of the 2 editions. It would be very helpful.

Thanks
2 years 2 months ago #28890

Brad Pennington, PMP

Shubho,

Yes, Rita Mulcahy’s book is very highly recommended! The truth is that I don’t have an opinion on that one because I never used it. I understand that she has some great memorization techniques, but then so does Andy Crowe. As I was beginning to study for PMP, I didn’t spend a lot of time deciding which references to use. PMBOK 6 was an obvious choice, and Crowe’s study guide was rated very highly on Amazon. Had I continued looking down the list, I no doubt would’ve noticed Mulcahy’s book rated highly as well. The important thing is to use one that works for you and your individual study habits. You truly can’t go wrong with either Crowe or Mulcahy when it comes to a PMP study guide. On a separate note, Belinda Goodrich wrote an enormous spool of flash cards that I used religiously throughout my studying; it was essentially PMBOK 6 in the palm of your hand. I also ordered the PMP cheat sheet, which was a laminated tri-fold with all the super-important information. I traveled a lot for work during my five months of studying, and those two items went with me everywhere. You can find them both on Amazon, but if you have trouble, let me know and I can provide a link if they’re still available. Hope this helps!
2 years 2 months ago #28887

Shubho

Hi Brad,

Rita Mulcahy is highly recommended - what's your view?

Thanks.
2 years 2 months ago #28878

Brad Pennington, PMP

Hi Geeta,

While the PMBOK 6th and 7th are both very worthwhile for adding into your study plan, I highly recommend purchasing a study guide as well. The PMBOK will introduce the concepts and is a great overall reference but does not explain test-taking or memorization techniques. Before taking the exam in Aug 2020, I used PMBOK 6th Ed. as well as Andy Crowe’s study guide. As I learned the concepts from the PMBOK, I reinforced the knowledge by using the memorization techniques and practice exams in Crowe’s study guide. That worked for me, and hopefully it does the same for you! Good luck with studying and on your upcoming exam!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login