fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam Dec 21 3 x AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam Dec 21 3 x AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28848

Stan Po - Admin

Annie,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
2 years 3 months ago #28845

Annie B

I am very happy to report that I have passed the PMP exam on my first attempt (AT/AT/AT). B)

The PM PrepCast + PrepCast Exam Simulator were key. They are top quality. They provide a well round knowledge base to start the journey
in project management in confidence.

My essentials - no particular order
1) PMBOK Guide 6 & Kim Heldman - 10th edition updated for 2021 - Very dense material. I wrote down the essential on notebooks to
refer to afterward.
2) Ahmed Sidky youtube videos on Agile. - I highly recommend those videos for the agile mindset and the impact it has on organizations.
There are excerpts of a class he gave in New Zealand a few years ago.
3) Ricardo Vargas' overviews of PMBOK 6 and 7 - The thread and glue that make everything come together.
4) Scrum Guide 2020 - Easy read - especially when you do adopt an agile mindset
5) La minute agile (French) on youtube - to get a feel of agile frameworks, methods and practices.
6) PM PrepCast - To take on the go while commuting. To watch to let the full-loaded info sink in and connect dots.
7) PrepCast Exam Simulator - Such an essential tool to learn and dive deeper into the nuances of project management in situations.
8 ) PMtraining & Tia exams simulators - I subscribed to both to get a different feel on questions. My results were similar to PrepCast
(avg 80% on all 3 simulators).

This was a lot of work and it paid off.

The EXAM - taken online
Check-in - Flawless for a first timer. :)
Note: make sure your laptop is connected to power. I disconnected mine to show the table surface and forgot to
reconnect it. VUE draws a lot of power. The fan runs high. My laptop went dark in the last 3rd of the exam. Since Vue takes over your
computer, you have no notice about the length of time remaining on your battery. There can be a moment of panic, :woohoo: since the timer
continues on on the exam.
Luckily, my laptop came back alive and I simply picked up where I was and continued on. :whistle:
The Exam
I found it tough. I thought I would not finish on time. Ended up with 5-6 minutes to spare.
It covers a lot of ground combining predictive and adaptive approaches to hybrid situations most of the time.
One EVM question. No calculation required.
One graph
1-2 drag and drop questions.
Note: Mindset - mindset - mindset for Servant Leadership is key

If this post can encourage others... as reading you has encouraged me. :cheer:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login