Everyone learns differently so everyone's approach will differ. Your approach also works, but I would read through the previous messages in this thread and see what else you can add. For instance: Answering questions.
Can I modify little bit in between. See if you like.
This is what I am doing right now.
1. Watch the PrepCast (If no. 1)
2. Read Third Party Book (Same Topic as PrepCast)
3. Read What PMBOK Says (Same Topic as PrepCast)
4. While doing this make a note every time.
5. Once you finish one topic from all 3 sources, Finalize your note and keep it for reference.
My 2 cents worth. It is a very good plan. Though Input/Output/ Tools and techniques will get covered as part of PMBOK guide and other materials please add it as a separate action item in your list. Probably you can form a spread sheet kind of thing just listing this I/O/T, need not to memorize anything but relate the I/O/Tools with the concepts. I am sure this will be very useful for the exam. People will say this will be useful for the real time management also, agreed but let us target for the exam first Best of luck.