fbpx

Reply: Is my PMP application OK?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Is my PMP application OK?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 3 months ago #28805

Harry Elston

It's really impossible to understand your question, Mr. Eisset.

The description is far too long for the PMI application which, I believe limits every project entry to 500 words. (It used to be 500 characters!) So, you'll have to figure out how to pare it down quite a bit.

Harry
2 years 3 months ago #28803

Mr Essiet

's Avatar

I filled this PMP application. Sir is there any problem with it. Please l need your advice.
Sample
Rural Primary Health Services Delivery Project
Organization
DFID/British Council
Job Title
Project Team Leader(Akwa Ibom
Functional Reporting Area
Director Health
Organization Primary Focus
Healthcare
Approach/Methodology
Traditional (Waterfall)
Project Team Sizes
1 to 4
Project Budget
Up to $1M
Time Spent on Project to Date
July, 1997 - August, 1997
Project Description
The project was aimed to strengthen the rural health system and supporting the Government in implementing the National Health Plan (NHP) as it relates to rural health.
The health status of the population has deteriorated due to severe neglect of the health system, especially in the rural areas, where 80% of the population lives. The poor health status of the rural population points to a weak primary health care (PHC) system.
To overcome this mismatch, the government, recognised the needs to pay greater attention to health service delivery at community levels. Consequently, the government built an innovative partnership with DFID to improve rural PHC by improving health information and monitoring systems, and revitalize rural health facilities. DFID had offered preparatory technical assistance on health needs and service capacity.
Initiating: Workshop was held to identify deliverables and milestones. Several meetings were held to identify key stakeholders. Identified and validated the project interdependencies. Documented high-level risks, assumptions and constraints. The British council had developed the project charter and was the project sponsor.
Planning: Assessed detailed project requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders. Collected requirements and defined scope. The roles and responsibilities of the project team members were defined.
Conducted kick-off meeting where communicated the start of the project and the key milestones.
My role: I was the project team leader for Akwa Ibom State. I manage the day-to-day implementation of the project outputs at Mkpa Enin local government level. I also provided overall guidance to the implementation of the project, established partnership consultation process leading to agreements with stakeholders.
My responsibilities also included: managing task execution by leading the project team ,measuring project performance , and obtaining stakeholder feedback to evaluate their satisfaction (CL).
As project team leader, I manage the schedule, total resource requirement, risks on the project, quality requirements, especially performance and stakeholders management. I also ensure the team performance as per plan as we meet scheduled goals. I also ensured high team morale to ensure a high team. I participated in the project review workshop with the British Council leadership.
Executing: I ensure the assignments were carried out in phases. These included implementation of appropriate data collection methods used in research, assessment, and evaluation. We carried out surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups and observations to build a data set. The emphasis was on the need to build shared ownership of community health.
Project outcome
This project was completed under budget and within the stated timeline.The findings assisted the government in implementing policies, standards, and strategies for strengthening the rural health sector within the framework of the PHC.
At the end of the project, I released project resources, documented lessons learned and prepared project for the sign off.

Remove Experience
Edit Experience
Magazine production project
Organization
Pathways Africa Magazine
Job Title
Editor
Functional Reporting Area
Media
Organization Primary Focus
Transportation
Approach/Methodology
Traditional (Waterfall)
Project Team Sizes
5 to 9
Project Budget
Up to $1M
Time Spent on Project to Date
April, 2004 - January, 2008
Project Description
I was responsible for managing the magazine production cycles from receipt of original manuscripts through product delivery, ensuring that customers receive high-quality solutions on time, and within budget.
Managing a magazine project efficiently requires a lot of experience, skills and knowledge; and excellent organizational skills.
My role: makes decisions regarding the tone, style, organisation of pages, article format, publication schedule and more.
As the Editor, I oversees a team of writers.
My responsibilities include ensure content produced is consistent with the pre-defined editorial strategy.
Work with internal production staff to ensure the completion of magazine on time and within the project budget
Monitor production schedule and budget, through project life cycle
Liaise with the editorial team to make sure all content is delivered to schedule
Work with the designer to check printer proofs before press
Write print specifications and liaise with printers throughout the process
Work with the Publishing Director to ensure all projects are produced to the highest quality standard
Carry out lessons learned and cost/schedule analysis
Preparing the articles, library and Internet research to be undertaken, using current materials.
Delivery schedule
Editorial management ensures that the magazine project progresses within the budget and timeframe, and is delivered to the highest standards. It entails maintaining the production sheet to ensure consistent standards throughout the magazine production project. It also requires maintaining the quality of the project – right from inception to the final deliverables.
Editorial project management essentially, involves controlling various tasks that decide the quality of the publishing process. 12 magazines editions are produced in a year. It takes a month to produce. For a month I ensure production schedules and cycles. On a daily basis, I set up and monitor each stage from manuscript assessment to editing, page layout and design, proofs, and deliverables. I coordinate copyediting, design, typesetting, and printing services; ensure final deliverables are completed on time and to specification. For a week, I supervise design elements, composition, incorporate and review corrections and revised pages.
Understand the Project:
I and the publisher define the goals, objectives and requirements of the magazine.
Examine the Content: I and the publisher will assess the structure and use of language in the manuscript.
Scheduling: I and the publisher would prepare an efficient time-bound schedule to ensure timely completion of each task in the magazine production project.
Budgeting: The top management determines the costs and assesses the profitability of the magazine and creates a contingency plan while keeping within the budget.
Manage the Team: the editor and the team create work requirements, match capabilities and put together an effective team.
Communicate Effectively: As an editor, I schedule regular meetings to ensure that the editorial project is on track and all members are meeting their milestones.
My responsibility as the editor is to keep a look out for any warning signs that could cause a variance in the schedule and delivery or compromise the quality of the magazine deliverables.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login