fbpx

Reply: Job paid for training now but I'm not taking the test until next year......

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Job paid for training now but I'm not taking the test until next year......

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 months ago #28709

Tamika Lattisaw

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for the encouragement. I definitely needed it. I was worried. :):)
2 years 4 months ago #28666

Elizabeth Harrin

Hi Tamika
There is no date yet for when/if the PMP exam will be updated to reflect the contents of PMBOK 7. We're all expecting there will be a revision at some point, but nothing has yet been announced, and as the exam was updated this year, it's probably a little way off yet. The 2021 exam update did (in my opinion) reflect the shift to PMBOK 7 - it feels to me that they updated the Exam Content Outline before the new PMBOK came out, not the other way round! PMI provide 6 months' notice when there is any change anyway, so you would have plenty of time to get your test taken with the current materials.

Basically, don't worry, all the materials you have are relevant and will see you through the exam, even if you take it in 2022.
2 years 4 months ago #28642

Tamika Lattisaw

Greetings,

My employer paid for me to take this training course this year. I've already started the introductory lessons. I have a couple of questions. My apologies in advance if its seems a little self-explanatory. I just want to make sure I'm on the right track.

To give me realistic time to go through the training, study, and take the exams and quizzes, I won't be taking the actual text until next year. I see that PMBOK 7 has been released and I watched the PrepCast video on Youtube addressing which one I should use. In the video, it stated, use PMBOK 6 is i'm taking the exam in 2021 and assuming so use PMBOK 7 if I'm taking it next year. In that case how should I approach the PrepCast training? Are there plans to amend the training to align with PMBOK 7s approach in 2022?

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login