fbpx

Reply: Been studying for a few months now to prepare for my 4th PMP attempt.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Been studying for a few months now to prepare for my 4th PMP attempt.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 months ago #28678

Elizabeth Harrin

Don't worry, you'll get there! And congrats on your MBA!
2 years 4 months ago #28677

Joseph Couture

@Elizabeth Harrin

I would like to provide some feedback from anyone who is ready this. Apparently, I had been "padding" my quizzes too much in resulting in 75-85% scores. I've been trying to replicate the testing environment by doing mostly 20 & 30 question quizzes without referring back to the answer and I'm scoring in the 60s - 70s. Arggg. I thought I had been doing better.
2 years 4 months ago #28637

Joseph M. Couture

's Avatar

Elizabeth,

Thank you for your reply. I think I will follow your recommendation. I just completed a 50 question (learning) - exam questions quiz and scored a 78%, last 50 question quiz, with the same properties, was an 80% score. Ugh.
At least I am consistently scoring wayyyy better than when I last tested (Dec, 2020). I completed my MBA since then and am halfway through a second master's degree. I think I've accumulated enough "business" knowledge to pass this time (of course, I'm also factoring in my pure PMP preparation).
2 years 4 months ago #28632

Elizabeth Harrin

I have used Jack Risos' process explorer (or at least I think I have - I read his interactive book which I think is the same thing). Anything that helps you learn is good, but the current exam has a lot less emphasis on ITTOs so while knowing the processes is helpful, you aren't going to get many/any 'pure' process questions on the test. The situational questions of the simulator represent more of what your test is going to be like, so at this point I wouldn't invest in other books, just do more of what you are doing, keep going with the practice tests and questions and reflect on why you didn't make it last time and what is different this time. And good luck!
2 years 4 months ago #28627

Joseph Couture

As the title states, this is my fourth attempt at the PMP exam. Honestly, it's been about a few months worth of preparation and I'm finally scoring well. Took a 20 question(learning) quiz with questions from the exam feature of the simulator and scored a 90%, 3 50 question quiz of the same type(learning) with exam questions and scored 88, 76. and 80. So far, I've used Andy Crowe and some review from Joseph Phillips and Cornelius. I'm wondering if the simulator is enough by now or should I purchase and review Rita's book? I plan to test at home around Dec 14th (when the apply link) becomes available again.
I will continue to answer questions from the exam simulator but at some point they will have all been answered and I will just remember the correct ones.
Thank you all for reading and any assistance you may offer!

P.S. I've sort of stumbled across a nifty website that really seems to help in preparation of linking PG, KA Pro, I/O, TTs, Themes, and even has an index. PMBOK Process Exploerer by Jack Risos. Anyone used this resource and has it been effective?

Adivce?

-JMC

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login