fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam - 2021 verse 2022

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam - 2021 verse 2022

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 months ago #28563

Elizabeth Harrin

Hi Samantha. PMI is 'advertising' that the CAPM is going to change in 2022, and that there will be six months notice from when the changes are announced to the exam changing. As far as I'm aware, they have not done the same (yet) for PMP - there is nothing on the corresponding PMP page. With that in mind, and knowing that there is likely to be a 6-month window from announcement of exact changes to exam changes, if you are already studying I would just finish up and take the test before the changes, assuming they come. Otherwise you could be waiting around for some time and I'm not sure there will be any noticeable benefit in taking any new version as and when that is released. Give it a few years and employers ultimately won't know which version you certified on so it won't matter.
2 years 5 months ago #28543

Samantha Everett

Hello,

We all know the PMP exam is supposed to change in 2022 to correspond to the PMBOK 7th edition.

I am wondering, if we chose to wait to take the test until 2022, will we have to re-start our study strategy or are a lot of the definitions the same? For example, the cost equations like SPI and EV. I don't see the list of Process groups, inputs, outputs and tools anywhere in the 7th edition.

If we select to wait until 2022 - will the PMP PrepCast change also? Will we have to start at the beginning? I am about halfway through the prepcast as it is right now. If it changes, will we have to pay for the new one?

Thank you all in advance on your thoughts on this,
Samantha Everett

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login