fbpx

Reply: Passing criteria

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passing criteria

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 5 months ago #28440

Andrea Mancini

hi, thanks for the answer.
In my view, actually this criteria may reveal to be unbalanced. In fact business domain has a much smaller # of questions, therefore each error corrisponds to a much higher %impact than for People or Process domains. Hope the passing criteria is about the total correct answer vs total questions. Does this make sense?
2 years 5 months ago #28382

Harry Elston

Gloria,

The actual passing criteria is a closely guarded secret at PMI. This is the usual case with certification examinations.

The short answer to your questions is "no." The rankings (Above Target, Target, Below Target and Needs Improvement) in each of the domain areas are subjective measures of how well you did in each domain and is best used if you did not pass the exam as it will allow you to focus your studies for the next time you take the test. Achieving a "Target" score or an "Above Target" score in each of the domains will result in the same overall test result (Pass).

Harry
2 years 5 months ago #28380

Gloria Koh

Hi there,

i am going to sit for my paper next week and would like to know if i need to score AT for all components to pass?

thanks

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login