fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: 2021 Exam Content Outline

2021 Exam Content Outline 2 years 5 months ago #28342

• Roshraj Thoppilan
  • Roshraj Thoppilan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I have my exam scheduled on 18th Nov, 2021. I am watching the prepcast videos(2021 Premium) and was wondering whether these videos are updated as per the latest Exam content outline . I feel these videos are just taking the reference of PMBOK 6th edition and following through it . Please suggest whether to continue watching these videos or to directly start taking the tests.

2021 Exam Content Outline 2 years 5 months ago #28343

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Hello Roshraj

Yes. The video lessons of The PM PrepCast training course have been reviewed to ensure that they cover the tasks and enablers of the current exam content outline.

You are of course absolutely correct when you say that we follow the PMBOK Guide. But that is just the structure/order/sequence that we decided to follow, because the PMBOK Guide is such an important reference book for the exam. But go ahead and take a look at Module 20, 21, 22 and 30, where we shift away from the PMBOK Guide and cover other topics.

So rest assured... the lessons are valid.

My recommendation: Go ahead and start taking quizzes in the exam simulator by Knowledge Area. So each time you are done with a module in the PrepCast/PMBOK you can fire up the simulator and take a 50 question exam on whatever knowledge area you just finished.

If you don't know how to do that... watch this tutorial here first traffic.libsyn.com/pmpodcast/pm_exam_sim...or_learning_quiz.mp4
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roshraj Thoppilan

2021 Exam Content Outline 2 years 4 months ago #28572

• Andrew Moffitt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Good evening,

I purchased access to the PMP Exam Simulator a couple of weeks ago and have been taking quizzes and reviewing the material presented to shore up my understanding of the exam content. I don't have any doubt that the questions being asked are valid and I am finding the quizzes to be extremely helpful. However, I think it's worth mentioning that the explanations for the quiz questions consistently reference the PMBOK 6th Ed., not the 7th Ed.

That being the case, is it possible that there may be material on the PMP exam I am about to take that is specific to the PMBOK 7th edition and that would not have been reflected in the prep quizzes and exams I am taking?

2021 Exam Content Outline 2 years 4 months ago #28581

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Andrew,

The answer is that the PMP exam uses the PMBOK Guide SIXTH edition as one of the 10 official reference books. Please see this official PMI reference list: www.pmi.org/certifications/project-manag...n/pmp-reference-list -- as you can see, the 7th edition is not mentioned and PMI has not yet made any official announcements about when they are planning to switch.

So for now, the 6th edition is the correct one to use and reference.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Moffitt

2021 Exam Content Outline 2 years 4 months ago #28583

• Andrew Moffitt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you very much for the clarification. When they released the 7th edition, I assumed they would begin testing on it immediately.

I am feeling quite relieved after reading this. Thanks again.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login