fbpx

Reply: Is 36 Months experience required for PMP exam, how to deal with?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Is 36 Months experience required for PMP exam, how to deal with?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 5 months ago #28496

Elizabeth Harrin

Yes, if you want to take a certification at this point but do not meet the experience requirements for PMP, then CAPM is an option for you.
2 years 6 months ago #28285

Richie Lionnelle MBOUKOU-NGOYI

Hi ELizabeth,

Thank you for your reply. if i cannot reach 36 month is taking CAPM exam usefull for me now? have already use PMprepcast to prepare CAPM exam?

Regards,

Richie
2 years 6 months ago #28284

Elizabeth Harrin

You can use your past experience - I think the 36 months has to be earned in the last 5 years. Check the requirements in the PMP handbook on eligibility and if you meet the experience requirements, you can enter them into the system. I do know that it doesn't have to include your most recent/current job, so your past experience will still count.
2 years 6 months ago #28278

PMP exam conditions

's Avatar

Hello Dear PM community,

I have a query, i have been working officially as a project management officer for 9 months now before I was Senior Laboratory technician and used to deal with small projects regarding laboratories. When trying to enroll on the PMI site for the PMP exam, it requires me to have 36 months experience in a project, How should I do to gain skills and knowledge for my new assignment? If I use my previous job title and recover time spent on different projects is it going to work? Is taking CAPM my starting option for now?

Please, I need help to figure out what exam to take and what to study

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login