fbpx

Reply: Advise on which version of PMBOK 6 or 7 should be used for exam in October

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Advise on which version of PMBOK 6 or 7 should be used for exam in October

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 4 months ago #28713

[email protected]

's Avatar

The current PMBOK revision is the 7th edition. In order to prepare for the exam, it would prove beneficial if you refer to PMBOK 6, PMBOK 7, and Practice Guide.
2 years 8 months ago #27920

Harry Elston

PMBOK 6.

The current exam took over 18 months to develop and implement and has been active now for only about 19 months. I would not expect a change in the exam until 2023 at the earliest.

The PMBOK is an ANSI Standard. They are required to be reviewed and updated on a periodic basis by the host organization. That it was revised was a normal event. A re-alignment of the PMP exam will be a large undertaking of PMI and probably take well over a year to accomplish. Until PMI states the test is re-aligned, don't worry about it.

Harry
2 years 8 months ago #27915

Ashish Madan

Hello,

I have exam scheduled for October, now that new PMBOK v7 is out, can you please give guidance which PMBOK needs to be used for preparation for the PMP exam as I still see references to PMBOK v 6 only.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login