fbpx

Reply: Seek advice for my study strategy for 2nd PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Seek advice for my study strategy for 2nd PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 7 months ago #28106

Helen Ng

Dear Elizabeth and Harry,

Just let you know that I pass my PMP exam. Thank you so much for your sharing.

Helen Ng
2 years 8 months ago #27925

Helen Ng

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you so much for your good advice. The study guide you introduce is very suitable. My style always need to follow a framework to go ahead, otherwise, I feel myself lost my direction and feel nervous. I already buy it and will schedule it to review all before my exam date on 21 Aug.

BTW, I have schedule to take a full exam in simulator per every weekend before my simulator expiry on 7 Aug. Since I want to keep my full exam practice before the real date, I am thinking I extend my simulator practice for another 60days (in case I fail in 2nd attempt, I have the last chance in mid-Oct) or I can buy other full exam for practice. Can I get some advice from you. Thank you.

Helen Ng
2 years 8 months ago #27909

Harry Elston

Good morning, Helen,

I don't sell anything, and I gave all my study material away except my PMBOK guide shortly after my exam.

The Reed Integration PMP Success Sheet was available on Amazon at the URL given in the Lessons Learned. However, that may not be as applicable today as it was in 2019 because the exam has significantly changed in both content and format. While the exam is still based on PMBOK 6, PMI stated that there is a ton more Agile on it than back in 2019. I have not followed the new exam closely to state anything more than that. I recommend reading recent lessons learned from other examinees to see what they say about the new format and content.

The point was to give you a strategy on how to study - the "circular review" technique that I used for me and have used when I teach algebra and chemistry in university.

Good luck!

Harry
2 years 8 months ago #27891

Helen

's Avatar

Hi Harry,
Your PMP Exam Success Sheet is excellent, may I know how much you sell?
2 years 8 months ago #27887

Harry Elston

Good morning, Helen,

I wrote a "lessons learned" on what worked for me here. It's kind of older so it's unlikely you would have found it easily. I discuss a technique called "circular learning" that I use when I teach mathematics and chemistry to students.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...t-multiple-resources

Good luck!

Harry
2 years 8 months ago #27886

Harry Elston

Good morning, Helen,

I wrote a "lessons learned" on what worked for me here. It's kind of older so it's unlikely you would have found it easily. I discuss a technique called "circular learning" that I use when I teach mathematics and chemistry to students.

www.project-management-prepcast.com/kune...t-multiple-resources

Good luck!

Harry

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login