fbpx
Do you need customer support or technical assistance? Click here to submit a support ticket...

TOPIC: Help with understanding how to interrupt PMP questions

Help with understanding how to interrupt PMP questions 2 years 9 months ago #27690

• Michele Levasseur
  • Michele Levasseur's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I am taking the practice quizzes and having a hard time figuring what hte question is asking and hard time to pick the best answer.
Dows anyone have advice?

Help with understanding how to interrupt PMP questions 2 years 9 months ago #27692

• Harry Elston
  • Thank you received: 144
Michele,

There are numerous videos and help-articles available on the web and YouTube about "how to read the questions on the PMP exam." The best hints I found were:
1. Read the question first: (What is the first thing...; What is the best thing...; What process...." i.e. the sentence containing the actual question.) That means IGNORE the sometimes lengthy paragraph above the question first.
2. Read the answers. Often you can eliminate answers simply based on what the question is asking. (e.g. one answer may be a process while the question is asking what to do.)
3. NOW - read the entire paragraph/question and re-evaluate your the answers.

Here's pretty good video:

Harry
+++++
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH, PMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joyce Cheung
Last edit: by Harry Elston.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul BugarinHarry ElstonJean KwandaDaniel SoerensenElena ZelenevskaiaChristian ElmerChristine Whitney, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login