fbpx

Reply: Were you able to complete all 180 Q?

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Were you able to complete all 180 Q?

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 10 months ago #27385

Abhi Guha

Lack of concentration in the main problem that I have to improve at any cost, while reading questions my mind drifts to random things and I loose chain of thought and end up re-reading the question.
2 years 10 months ago #27384

Jackson

You should probably practice on reading faster. Which is hard since the questions are often poorly worded and one really has to concentrate to figure out what the question is asking. I typically have the opposite problems of you where I read through the questions so quickly that I make careless errors. During my in person exam I had enough time left that I took a 10 minute break to eat a snack and do pushups in the lobby. This actually really helped me and I managed to power through the remaining 30 questions. Even with that, I still had 30 minutes left so I reviewed all of the questions from the last block. Keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it.
2 years 10 months ago #27379

Amit Kawle

In addition to above practical suggestions, my question would be whether you tried 10 or 30 questions quizzes to improve your reading skills? I had a similar issue like you but I tried solve it through solving small quizzes initially. Solving small quizzes helped me to improve my reading skills. I tried to have complete focus initially for only 10 questions and tried to answer them with first reading. This way you will realise that you do not need to read every question 2-3 times. For me in the beginning, just because I was anxious and under pressure to get the questions right the first time, I was unnecessarily reading the question and options 2-3 times so that I am sure that my answer is correct. Whatever answer I am able to guess the first time after reading the question, was correct most of the times. So I stopped overthinking and stopped reading the options too many times.

In the real exam, I had only 5 minutes left for last 9 questions. Guess what I did. I just ticked all the questions randomly and reached the last question. Then started reading each question backwards with highest focus and with speed. I could cover all the last 9 questions in 5 minutes. These questions were luckily a bit easier so I think I answered them correctly (because after ending the exam I saw "congratulations, you passed the exam").

Everyone has a different style. Many posters here answer questions really fast and then do a review at the end. I tried doing it in 60 questions quizzes but I just could not follow that style and ended up getting lower scores. So I decided that I had to do it my own way. I always read the question carefully and tried to answer it correct the first time. This way I hardly ever had time to review the questions. I ended up getting more than 80% in the last 3 mock tests. So I would suggest, fine tune your methods and check what suits you best.
2 years 10 months ago #27375

Abhi Guha

Thanks for suggestions... every time I look at the ticking clock I get more anxiety which I am trying to over come.
2 years 10 months ago #27367

Sharon S

The advice that helped me was read the last sentence of the question to find out what they are asking for. Then read the question. What also helps is look over the answers and select the most agile-friendly and the most team friendly answer. If you absolutely run out of time, say the last 5 questions, then go through the answers and again pick the most team friendly answer. On each question there are two obvious wrong answers. It's a matter of picking the right answer between the remaining two.

The last month before the exam all I did were mock exams in the PM Prepcast. Take those as timed exams. Track your breaks. The first mock exam I ran out of time. After you take the next three mock exams you will get faster. Really, what will help you is practice what you would do during the real exam.

I tracked how many questions I should have answered after 75/2 minutes. Just to make sure I didn't fall behind. I did that for each 60 questions in the mock exams. Time management is hugh. If you don't manage your time, you will run out of time. Practice the mock exams as timed exams and be serious about it. Take them as if they were the real exam.
2 years 10 months ago #27362

Erzsébet Budai, PMP

Hello Abhisek. In my view, if you a slower reader, try to speed up your pace somehow e.g. setting a timer after each question which beeps to you indicating that you should move on to the next question.
This way you might be able to speed yourself up and get used to the quicker rhythm that you should apply on the exam.
Those questions that do require more time - like a critical path question where you have to draw or an EVM where you have to calculate, skip & mark them for later revision when you have some more time left to answer them.
230 mins should be enough for the 180 questions. The exam definitely requires speed and you should apply yourself to it. Try not to spend a lot of time with one question when you don't understand a word. Do not leave any question unanswered! Just guessing is still better than leaving no answer at all. Understand that you won't be able to answer all questions 100% right. Nobody does. Leave yourself a room for some mistakes. This way you will not be panicked. Learn faster reading & understanding & think sensibly which answer is right or wrong (strong coffee, chocolate, walnuts, water can help during the breaks to stimulate your brain).
Sleep well before the exam (do not take it tired!). Also, tell your family to respect your learning time and leave you undisturbed, especially during exam. Do not stress. Lighten up. Be mentally prepared.

This is my advice. Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login