fbpx

Reply: Passed!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 4 days ago #27077

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially about the balance of hybrid questions.

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Also, I modified your post title to remove your personal email address.
3 years 6 days ago #27040

Passed PMP with 3 AT

's Avatar

For the viewers if it might be useful -
I studied for around 7 weeks, every single day for about 4-5 hours. Being a mom of two toddlers it was difficult for me to manage the time but I was determined to do it. I used to watch YouTube videos even while cooking or cleaning. I have served a team Product Owner in my last assignment and so I was acquainted with the agile concepts and that came out as a plus for me as many hybrid/agile questions on the exam. Here is my plan-
1. First I completed Head First PMP and gave my first mock on Udemy - Joseph Phillip. I scored 61% and I knew something is badly missing. You Tube videos on concept clearance is required here.
2. I ordered a hard copy of PMBOK and started reading it and started falling in love with the book. PMBOK 6 became my bible for PMP. I used to read it chapter wise and then attempt the timed quizz from PM Prepcast. I used to score between 75-85% in my quizzes and while retrospecting the quiz answers I used to re-read the chapter again. So in this way I must have read the PMBOK atleast 7-8 times before entering into the real exam and this is a MUST I would recommend.
3. From UDemy -I used to solve questions from Andrew Ramadayal, Tridib Roy and Joseph Phillip. But the most benefit I have made through PM Prepcast.
4. Apart from the books, I must have watched almost all Praizion Videos. The instructor Phill teaches from PMBOK and that helps catch the concepts. Esp the Risk chapter because he is a PMI-RMP as well so he had deepend my concept about risk and issue.
5. I would request you to understand the concepts behind 3 imp things - Issue/Issue log, change Request/change log, and Risk. When and When Not to use the either. As real exam will cover many questions on this and even a slight mistake of concept understanding will get the answer wrong.
6. Agile and Servant Leadership, conflict management, Adaptive, Hybrid. Exam was 60% Hybrid I would say.

Overall I can say, the real exam will take you to an altogether different world. The first 60 questions in my case were nerve wracking for me. I came out for a break and told my husband that I might not pass as the questions are very tricky. But second and third set gave me a bit breathing space. A deep understanding of concepts is what is required. Even in the first set some questions will be medium difficulty level, but I would suggest to not give more than 90-100 minutes on it, manage your time accordingly. from Reverse counter I decided first set till 130-140 minutes, second set till 70-80 remaining minutes and third set in 70 minutes. Time management is the key. If you find a question hard, move on instead of giving a lot of time on it.

Hope it might help. Thanks :-)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login