fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
2 years 11 months ago #27089

Stan Po - Admin

Phumla,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
2 years 11 months ago #27070

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations!

When you are ready to start earning PDU’s for PMP recertification, check out the PM PrepCast’s offerings, The PM Podcast and the The PDU Podcast which will help you keep up with PMI’s Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR’s) and maintain your new certification.

Thank you for sharing your Lessons Learned. They are very helpful, especially about the types of questions you got. Those drag and drop do take some time!
2 years 11 months ago #27038

Phumla Ajayi

Hi,
I passed my PMP exam yesterday, I sat the exam last December, rushed the study trying to qualify before the changes, (a human nature right, A fear of the unknown) then in January I had to go back to the drawing board and begin where I left off - building blocks.
The training institute I trained with had a simulator but it was still based on the old exam at the time. Back in December I had a free sample of the prepcast simulator and I liked the way you explain even the wrong options on why they are not the best answer as per the question or scenario. I purchased the precast simulator when you offered me a discount code (appreciated this a lot). I watched one of your podcasts on YouTube then I got to know about your booster course again there was a discount to go with it but when I made my purchase, I didn't get my discount (that's a topic for another day!)

To prepare for the exam in the last 3 months I used:
for the Predictive/ waterfall knowledge area(pre2021) is used:
• Materials from Velopi
• The PMBOK guide

And for the 2021 I used:
• The PMBOK - Agile Practice guide
• Exam Prep special 2021 (free from PMI)
• PM precast Booster Course
• Boos your PMP Score: Learn The Keywords In Sets (2nd Edition: for PMP 2021 by Jeff Furman), I got to know about, from one of Cornelius Youtube video's where he interviewed Jeff Furman,
• LinkedIn Courses – (Scrum Advanced, Change Management foundations, DevOps Foundations: Lean and Agile)

Then Combined everything using:
• PreCast Simulator which has a pool of practice questions and mock exams, I did a lot of mini practices and I sat 3 mock exams which on the first one I ran out of time landing me in the way below target,
• I also bought Ray's Udemy simulator just so I can get a different feel of the questions,
• I also used to watch and, in some instances, attended live sessions of Andrew Ramdayal, PM Master Prep ad PMPwith Ray, these helped with the train of thought while answering the situational questions- (YouTube)

And Lots and Lots of prayer!!!!

All these helped in my journey of achieving Above target on all 3 Domains in my exam
THANK YOU

The exam - I got about 10 if not more of the drag and drop questions, which were eating away my time, as theirs were more situational as well, but the prepcast simulator has helped in the process of matching, (just theirs was on an upper level). About 15 multiple answer ones, but most was choose 2 type questions. I also got a Burndown chart similar to the one I got with my 3rd mock exam also only about 2 of the type-in ones

Again, THANK YOU for being part of my journey

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login